Question Programming PIC

So I recently bought the board JacksonS made for the switching headphone jack, but i'm having trouble programming it. On the board at the moment all I have soldered on is the PIC16F1503. After connecting the PICkit3 through MPLAB, it says it has found the target device but I am unable to program or verify as it leads to "programming failed". I've been powering it with 5v from the pickit itself. Any suggestings? Its my first time time using hotair and qfn chips so maybe i haven't soldered it correctly.

JacksonS

Portables
Try powering it externally. Powering from the PICkit almost never works for me, especially when it's powering another chip alongside the PIC.

Try powering it externally. Powering from the PICkit almost never works for me, especially when it's powering another chip alongside the PIC.
Unfortunately still getting the same problem after powering externally with 5v. Reckon its worth re-soldering? Seems strange though, it finds the PIC but just isn't able to program nor verify. Seems like it can read PIC but not actually edit it.

JacksonS

Portables
Sounds like maybe one of the MCLR/VDD/VSS pins are not connected. I would touch up the pins with a soldering iron and flux. You should be able to see on the side of the IC if the pins make a good connection with the board.