Question Problem with resistances

Hello! This is my first attempt to make a portable so this might just be a rookie mistake but i'm at my wits end.
So after gathering info and al the necessary materials over the summer yesterday I finally trimmed my wii and immidiately ran into a problem, I can't get the resistances on 3.3v to look right.

At first I was getting a reading of almost zero but, after seeng on another post that removing some components on the edge of the board might help, I tried it and the readings improved a bit.
This is what they look like right now
imagen_2022-09-03_120203423.png
IMG_20220903_114714.jpg

The multimeter is in the 2k scale so, unless I've fogotten how to use one, the measures are 10 times lower than the ones in the guide.
I've sanded the board several times all the way up to 1500 to no avail and I don't know what could be the problem.

Here is a picture of my board in case someone can point out what's wrong.
IMG_20220903_114819.jpg
IMG_20220903_114809.jpg

So did I break my board by trimming to close? Should I remove somthing else? I'm scared to jump into the testing in case it burns or something like that.
I'm thinking of just getting another wii and use this one for practice but if it's still usable that would be great.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Viilmo

Portables
Did you tape the chips with something so no metal dust gets in?
If yes this could just be an unlucky trim. I had the same problem with 3.3v being like 0.6 ohm. Apperently I raged when I couldn't fix it and sanded the entire AVE.
I now have a non working trim that is missing a AVE. I can't remember doing anything like that but well it happened.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Your edges look good and clean. Sanding more off the board probably won't help. Also if there was a short, you'd be getting no resistance on the tested combination. 600 odd ohms is lower than average, but it's enough separation that the board should still boot. (as long as nothing else is amiss)

Thanks for the replies! After reading them I've decided to just go ahead and test the trim but all I'm getting is a black screen.
I've wired up only the basics: all the voltages (including 1.8v), gnd and u10 from the RVL-PMS-Lite to the wii, and composite and gnd to the screen's driver board.
The wii gets hot and the screen turns on but there is no image. I've already checked the u10 via, as it seemed to be a common problem, and it's properly getting 3.3v
The PMS seems to be working fine as it's giving all the right voltages and I've also tried soldering to AV1 and 2 to check both of them.

Is there anything else that I should wire up? I've seen on another post that the ground solders can cause issues but its close to 2 AM here and I'm too tired to try it now.

Also, I'm really not sure about this, since I'm getting 3.3v on the wii does that mean that there are no problems with my low resistances?

Finaly, I'm new to forums and can see this post getting longer in the future, so should I turn this one into a proper worklog or is better to start another post for that?

IMG_20220905_004722.jpg IMG_20220905_004845.jpg IMG_20220905_005249.jpg

armus

hi, i am lso doing my first project and i just trimmed my wii today, but i ended up haveing the same problem as you, my wii's 3.3v resistances are at the same range as yours (arround 600 ohms). I have a wii PMS that won't turn on if i weld the 3.3v cables to the board, and i am a little bit frustrated rn, so if you ended up with a solution, please let me know.

Attachments