Question problem with emulators after cutting the wii

hello I tried the wii before cutting with the emulators of N64, PS1, Genplus and they worked correctly after cutting the wii it stays on black screen and does not load why does that happen?

Try to relocate MX chip and BT
Actually doing that seems very difficult to me, some other solution? The same graph is complicated, It is difficult but I will try to solder it, I only connect the 4 data pins and the 3.3v and gnd pins, nothing else, friend?

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Actually doing that seems very difficult to me, some other solution? The same graph is complicated, It is difficult but I will try to solder it, I only connect the 4 data pins and the 3.3v and gnd pins, nothing else, friend?
Unfortunately, that's the only solution right now until a someone patches it out. Gnd, 3.3, and 4 data wires should be all you need. Follow the instructions in the guide for MX relocation, and you should have no problem pulling it off. Make sure to include that chunk of PCB unless you plan to check the compendium and reconnect everything else by hand. Relocating the RTC battery shouldn't be necessary.

Unfortunately, that's the only solution right now until a someone patches it out. Gnd, 3.3, and 4 data wires should be all you need. Follow the instructions in the guide for MX relocation, and you should have no problem pulling it off. Make sure to include that chunk of PCB unless you plan to check the compendium and reconnect everything else by hand. Relocating the RTC battery shouldn't be necessary.
hello I managed to solve the problem of the emulators of ps1, n64, genplus by placing the chipMX without the battery, but now the emulators of snes, nes, vbagx have 2 problems, the first is that they no longer return to the bbloader they stay on black screen when Exit the emulator and problem 2 is that they recognize me the wiimote and they do not let me use the gamecube control, before placing the chipMX I entered the emulator and the first thing that recognizes me is the gamecube control and no longer, that may be that error?

Luca

Is this for a portable? Because then you'd want to find a 4-layer Wii, since they use way less power, and battery life would be twice as long with a 4-layer. Both 6-layer and 4-layer have the 1.8V regulator: see voltage sections https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/ and https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.p...ive-wii-trimming-guide-6-layer-expansion.860/

Any questions about BT or MX chip, or general info about the Wii are also probably in these guides, so I would read over them once more.

hello I managed to solve the problem of the emulators of ps1, n64, genplus by placing the chipMX without the battery, but now the emulators of snes, nes, vbagx have 2 problems, the first is that they no longer return to the bbloader they stay on black screen when Exit the emulator and problem 2 is that they recognize me the wiimote and they do not let me use the gamecube control, before placing the chipMX I entered the emulator and the first thing that recognizes me is the gamecube control and no longer, that may be that error?
Don't have much experience with relocating the MX chip, but sounds like you need to look over your wiring again. BT too. Pictures of your board would help