Question Problem with booting up Wasp

Hello,
I started this project about 3 months and will be posting a work log of my project in the near future. But anyways, after wiring and positioning everything and turning on the gamecube, I am stuck with an error involving the screen and wasp. Does anyone know why swiss doesn't boot up and why the gamecube error appears?
When turned on this happens:
1. Blue light on wasp comes on and screen is black
2. error pops up on gc screen
3. blue light shuts off
-my wasp was flashed with swiss according to the previous owner
-I used a 36 pin board to connect the wasp
-wasp is positioned ALL the way to the right when connected
-SD card was inserted in wasp but only has a .iso file for Super Mario Sunshine
-I don't have a switch on pin 29 of 36 pin board (simulates lid function)

I've read some stuff about switching regions and I'm not sure what all I need on my SD card. I also need to know if I need a pin 29 switch. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
SD card doesn't have to have any particular file in it. Even empty would be fine.
Pin29 has to be connected to GND, if you left it floating that's probably what's causing the issue

Upon further investigation I've discovered that the error I'm getting (an error has occurred. Turn off gamecube) that appears even before the startup animation is the same one caused by not having a disc drive inserted. I have a CPU 11 board which either has IPL 1.0 or IPL 1.1, and I believe the WASP only works on IPL 1.1+. Do you know if my board is compatible or if there is a way to make it work with the wasp?

SOURCE: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1004

SD card doesn't have to have any particular file in it. Even empty would be fine.
Pin29 has to be connected to GND, if you left it floating that's probably what's causing the issue
I did connect 29 to ground.