Solved Preparing for trim

I have a question that I have wondered for along time, should I take off these parts? Or can I just take it off with pliers? Thanks

Attachments

And will it still work if I turn it on?

Generally speaking, it's better to desolder components, rather than wrenching them off and potentially damaging the board.
Ahhhh, desoldering is a pain though. Someone said I can take it off with pliers if I am really gentle.

Ahh ok so you will doing the OM6 trim. I've only trimmed 4 layers with the OMGWTF trim, so I may not be able to help too much. I can answer some of your questions though. You can take the components of with Pliers(although desoldering is a better method. I have used pliers or tweezers to gently remove components and it's worked out ok) Your Wii may or may not turn on after you remove them though. So you should not take them off until RIGHT before you trim the board. Relocate things and what not first because it will make it much easier to check things this way.

Last edited:
Ahh ok so you will doing the OM6 trim. I've only trimmed 4 layers with the OMGWTF trim, so I may not be able to help too much. I can answer some of your questions though. You can take the components of with Pliers(although desoldering is a better method. I have used pliers or tweezers to gently remove components and it's worked out ok) Your Wii may or may not turn on after you remove them though. So you should not take them off until RIGHT before you trim the board. Relocate things and what not first because it will make it much easier to check things this way.
How many and what type of custom regulators do I need? Thanks

I'm not sure how many for the 6 layer board trims. All of that information can be found on the 6 layer board trimming guide. Have you read through that? You should read though that thoroughly several times and most of your questions will be answered. It would be wise to read through all of these forums before working too much on your project. it will help you save a lot of time and money in the long run. :)

I'm not sure how many for the 6 layer board trims. All of that information can be found on the 6 layer board trimming guide. Have you read through that? You should read though that thoroughly several times and most of your questions will be answered. It would be wise to read through all of these forums before working too much on your project. it will help you save a lot of time and money in the long run. :)
Thanks for the help

Portables
Lol!
I'm doing the OM6 trim and I found it easier to just pull them off them rather than desoldering. I'm pretty sure this trim requires the same amount of regulators assuming you want the same functionality similar to a OMGWTF trim.

I'm doing the OM6 trim and I found it easier to just pull them off them rather than desoldering. I'm pretty sure this trim requires the same amount of regulators assuming you want the same functionality similar to a OMGWTF trim.
This is a noob question, but will the Wii still work if I draw the traces with a sharpie pen for the OMGWTF trim?

The regs for 4 and 6 layer are identical. They only need to be hooked up to a different spot marked in the om6 guide
Thanks, I was afraid of the ink smearing into the components, do you have a link to the OM6 trimming guide?

Does anyone have a guide on the GC+ controller board? Plus is it really worth cutting my GamCube controller if I get one?

Thanks so much, this community is super helpful!