Worklog PPR

Not taking any chances. Battery charger says fault - no battery. Protection IC needs to be programmed, and before that I need to buy yet another special dongle to talk to it. Then I can characterize the cells to make the fuel gauge work.

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Those are some thin wires going to the actual cells. Is that actually okay?

I'm surprised to see Nintendo branded RDRAM on the prototype Marshallh, I seem to remember posts of yours a couple of years ago stating the latency causes a huge reduction in performance.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I'm surprised to see Nintendo branded RDRAM on the prototype Marshallh, I seem to remember posts of yours a couple of years ago stating the latency causes a huge reduction in performance.
Since he's just remaking the N64, it doesn't matter if there is bad design in the N64, his design just has to be, for lack of a better way of saying it, not worse.

This type of Concurrent RDRAM cannot be easily replaced.

Battery monitor is monitoring and i get the FETs turned on - charger seems to work. Trying to get full current, it gets pretty toasty.

Last edited:
let me guess, that is a passthrough n64drive that boots when a cartridge isn't inserted into the console

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
how big is that memer

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Jesus that is so much smaller than I thought. All the talent you guys have here makes me feel lame :P seriously though awesome work! Can't wait to see this put into a handheld. About how much does each board cost you to make so far? Including scavenged parts

Boots and plays 64drive hw2 just fine. Still exhibits the same behavior as the last board with vanilla commercial carts (acts like it gets the PIF plug pulled in the middle of bootup)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
The answer lies in the heart of the compendium.