Question Power Switch Issue

im working on my own ps2 portable recently, and i followed the motherboard trimming guide for model-7900x.

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-ps2-trimming-guide.1841/

during my workflow by relocation power switch, i plugged 8.5v with reset point. and my console cannot get up never again, only the red led turns on.

how could i fix this?

and here is the point i am working in...
https://bitbuilt.net/images/guide_hub/console_modding/ps2/gman_definitive_ps2/Voltage_Reset.png

thanks

btw, english is not my mother language, so if you feel confusing about aboves, pls let me know and i will replay asap.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Portables
Post a picture, you could have a short somewhere.

Edit: probably a language thing, do you mean you put 8.5v into the reset pin? You should have a tact switch between reset and ground.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Hey Managus,

Don't sweat about English not being your native language. There are people all over the world here, just do your best and we can work with you through the language barrier.

Also please read through the rules on the site. One of them is to not post more than once until someone responds except under a few circumstances. We have an edit button instead.

Welcome to BitBuilt, and good luck on your project!

Hey Managus,

Don't sweat about English not being your native language. There are people all over the world here, just do your best and we can work with you through the language barrier.

Also please read through the rules on the site. One of them is to not post more than once until someone responds except under a few circumstances. We have an edit button instead.

Welcome to BitBuilt, and good luck on your project!
sorry for broke rule, I'm already edit it, and lately, I will upload my point method....(sad

Post a picture, you could have a short somewhere.

Edit: probably a language thing, do you mean you put 8.5v into the reset pin? You should have a tact switch between reset and ground.
Thank you for the reply.

I just use a piece of wire with one touch between 8.5v and reset point...

And where should I use tact switch? How to wire 5v, reset point and GND…

Everything you need to know is in gman's trimming guide. Try reading that many times and that will help a lot. I have read the wii trimming guide at least 30 times so I knew everything in it. Reading helps you notice a lot.

I just use a piece of wire with one touch between 8.5v and reset point...
That might actually fried something. Power your board and test the voltage of the reset pin hopefully it can be as easy to solve as my no power on problem (pullup resistor and keep going)

Edit: before that try to connect reset to ground, just a touch, and see if that turns on the console, if you are lucky putting 8,5v on the reset line it didn't short/blow anything out

That might actually fried something. Power your board and test the voltage of the reset pin hopefully it can be as easy to solve as my no power on problem (pullup resistor and keep going)

Edit: before that try to connect reset to ground, just a touch, and see if that turns on the console, if you are lucky putting 8,5v on the reset line it didn't short/blow anything out
Thanks for reply,
Do you mean if I wanna turn the console on(for health console), just touch reset and ground? without 5v?

Yes, you just need to briefly connect a cable from the reset pin to ground, it can be acomplished via a tac switch, connect one end of the tac to reset and the other end to ground, everytime you need to reset or turn on or off the console you push the button and you are done, just like the regular power button of your ps2

Yes, you just need to briefly connect a cable from the reset pin to ground, it can be acomplished via a tac switch, connect one end of the tac to reset and the other end to ground, everytime you need to reset or turn on or off the console you push the button and you are done, just like the regular power button of your ps2
i just send the board for repair, when it back, i will wiring them at once.
and i bought some tact switch yesterday...
thank you.