Question power delivery question

Hello all,

I've been hard at work trying to figure out a few things for the custom PCB's I'm working on and I have some massive gaps in my knowledge about electrical engineering, a few years ago I looked at custom regulators as magic and now I'm trying to make one for the ps2. I found a few step down linear and switching regulators which I think will work, but here's my question:

Current Measurements:
1.25v ~3.1A switching
1.75v ~0.1A linear
2.5v ~0.1A switching
3.5v ~0.1A switching

The regulators I've found can handle up to 6 amps, the batteries I'm going to use are 14.4A in series for the added voltage since they're only 3.7v and I need 5v for the usb and screen, do I need to drop down the amps being delivered to those places somehow or are the regulators and the ps2 going to be fine receiving more than they need? also If I don't have to run 7.4V and can just power everything off of 3.7 please let me know I'd love to have more MAH in parallel.

From what I've read extra amps never hurt, I'm worried about providing hundreds of times too much though which is why I ask.

Edit: I figured out the answer, I'd love to know still if there's any way I can run everything off of 3.7 so I can run in parallel instead of having to run in series. the batteries I'm looking at are 5000 mah 21700 and 2 of those in parallel would give me over 4 hours of playtime, so if anyone here knows something I don't please share.

Last edited: