Post your workstation!

Luca

Somewhere in the back of a garage...

My infamous wall-of-crap

Man Cave: 2.1 stereo setup, hacked-to-the-max Wii, Sofa, and a monitor with more inputs than you could ever wish for.

Desk for more ICT-related stuff...

Best cable management you'll ever get to see:

What I still need to get:

Wider angled lens
Dremel
More mini drawers for bits and pieces
My fluorescent lamp in the garage fixed so I can actually see what I'm doing
Some sort of magnetic strip I can just plop tools onto and not worry about 'what friggin box I put them in this time'
A pc with reasonable specs (and a functioning ethernet port)
A non-squeaky desk chair

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Nice, also does that happen to be top and vim in screen or tmux? Either way nice arch linux :P
It's Debian, Terminator & htop ;-) If I would use Arch, I would have told you before posting the pic :D

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
litte update from my new flat. This is what my Workshop looks like ATM. Will get some love/extention sometime..

DSCF5571.JPG

//Update:

Last edited:

JoJo

Will get some love/extention sometime..
This is beautiful, a space in the heat of creation. If you give it anyMORE love/attention, the desk may disappear completely.

Portables
Just got all the gear moved into a vacant downstairs room! My bedroom is the main pad, but as of late it's become my little brother's Minecraft nest :eyeroll:

IMG_6733.jpg

Pictured are two other projects I'm pretty proud of – a rack for all my stringed instruments to live on, and the world's least portable bluetooth speaker that I made a few years back.

I haven't had a dedicated workstation for a WHILE, so it feels luxurious to be able to even leave the soldering iron out all the time! Another big draw of being on the ground level is I'm a lot closer to the outdoor shop, which is a little chilly these days but is where the heavy lifting gets done. I can't take credit for the setup, as it's my family's, but I use it more than anyone and keep it clean. Win-win ;)

IMG_6734.jpg

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Being lazy today... but cleaned up, build another small shelf from scrap wood & installed my new ESD mat :)

DSCF6504.JPG

Portables
Even though, it's a month later this really makes me want to build a proper workstation. I just have a table I got from a neighbor who was moving. It is a stacked up pile. I still have a big tote of stuff that was holding all my good systems through my mission. I need to find a better space to put my stuff... :'(
Oh, and on the linux stuff... Arch is life.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Even though, it's a month later this really makes me want to build a proper workstation. I just have a table I got from a neighbor who was moving. It is a stacked up pile. I still have a big tote of stuff that was holding all my good systems through my mission. I need to find a better space to put my stuff... :'(
Oh, and on the linux stuff... Arch is life.
add Rgb leds, makes everything better...

I feel you though, I need to work on mine aswell, desk is falling apart as we speak Dx