Question Post trim (rev-4) board issue

Portables
So I already ran into my first issue after trimming up my board. You can see in my pics how I have left the cart slot attached as I ensure everything still works after the trim.

I'm wondering if my locations for the 3.3v relocation is correct (white wires below). On the n64 trimming guide on the guide page, there is no mention of it.

IMG_20180212_185518662.jpg
IMG_20180212_185608657.jpg

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Your 3.3v lines look good. Did you sand the trimmed edges cleanly? Did you check for shots on the voltage lines?
I always seem to have the same issues on trimming n64's .. did one yesterday, couldn't get it working yet, too... :/

You could also try to attach a 2k-Ohm resistor to 3.3v and pin 8 of the PIF.

//Edit: Oh & btw.: since you already have a worklog thread, i would suggest to ask your questions there ;-)

Last edited:
Portables
I figured it out. Combination of things; a bad test screen and I did end up needing the resistor fix. SO confirmed video working, onto the next steps. I'll keep all my questions in my worklog too. I wasn't sure if it was better to get the questions answered in a separate thread or not. I'll cease and desist :Pigmas:

Noah

retired
Portables
The 2K ohm resistor is needed on every revision below 6 I believe. It was relocated further in with later revisions so you don’t cut it when you trim the board.

Portables
The 2K ohm resistor is needed on every revision below 6 I believe. It was relocated further in with later revisions so you don’t cut it when you trim the board.
I know I remember it being posted in the trim guide over on the MR forum, along with the 3.3v reconnections on the back of the board, but didn't notice either of those in the trim guide on the BB trim guide...

Portables
Where is the source to the resistor fix?
I have 3 N64 that i want to reanimate (1996 Boards with card slot and expansion relocation), but without video output.
Thanks