Post-Christmas Amazon Shopping List

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I have an 858D hot air station that is useful for all sorts of stuff.

A caliper is a great tool if you don't have one.

I also have a KPS305D benchtop power supply. I haven't had it long, so I can't vouch for durability, but it works great so far. Just dial in the voltage you want, and it does it.

My soldering iron is a Weller brand WLC100. It does everything I need it to.

A solid dremel is one of the best tools you can have. Dremel brand is the only way to go. A variety of bits can come in useful too in ways you wouldn't expect.

Some other ideas:
Extra pointy soldering iron tips
Thin solder
Good pliers
Wire strippers
Kit of tiny screwdrivers
Nintendo screwdriver bits
Assorted colors of stranded wire
Assorted sizes of magnet wire

If you order on ebay, it's a good idea to get a variety of plugs, switches, leds, resistors, capacitors, tact buttons, perfboard, etc from China before you need them. It's just nice to have all sorts of things like that laying around.

Always nice to have music during during a long hacking/modding session. A good set of headphones or speakers would be wise. If you can scrounge up old stereo speakers, you can get a nice stereo amplifier on Amazon for ~$30. I can link the one I have if anyone is interested.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Tweezers, almost any type.
I cannot say how much you should get a pair.
they help with almost everything, from putting in screws, Moving ribbon cables in tight spaces,
I didn't know how much these help until I got a pair.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
A pair of helping hands with built-in magnifying glass. I don’t care how perfect your vision is, it helps to look at tiny traces and connections when they’re biggified. Likewise, a magnifying glass/lamp combo, but I find the helping hands to be very practical, so I still recommend those.