Question Possibly Dead Wii?

so, I cut my wii, used tape and everything, cleaned off all the dust I could see, carefully soldered the tested and working regs to the caps, connected my screen and nothing. I made sure there was power to the console, connected my audio amp, checked for any shorts, and still nothing. Any troubleshooting suggestions? should I move on to my other wii? should I desolder the NAND and replace the dead NAND on my bricked wii?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Pictures always help. Replacing the NAND won't do anything because each NAND is unique to each console. A NAND can be reflashed to work with another Wii if you have a NAND backup, but I am uncertain as to the process that goes into that. I'd also disconnect your audio amp, as it's better to test one piece at a time. Are you trying to get composite video out? If so, make sure you have a common ground between your screen and your Wii, or else video won't appear properly.

I just want to make sure, but in your steps, you did not say anything about sanding the circuit board once you were finished with cutting your board. I just want to make sure you did that. You need to sand the circuit board starting with low grit and working your way up to higher grit (I went up to 1000 grit to make sure). If you have not done that, I would definitely recommend doing that because if you did not do that, that could be your problem.

Yeah I sanded it. I have been trying to make gc portables so I knew that at least.

Also, I left this board for dead since i terribly failed cutting + bt and used it for testing so it's rather messy
and I suck at this

I think my issue might be here

upload_2018-8-29_10-13-30.png

but I'd appreciate other eyes.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

BocuD

Portables
Yeah I sanded it. I have been trying to make gc portables so I knew that at least.

Also, I left this board for dead since i terribly failed cutting + bt and used it for testing so it's rather messy
and I suck at this

I think my issue might be here

View attachment 7249

but I'd appreciate other eyes.
What happened to those ram traces? They look exposed, which is bad.. Anyways, you might be able to fix that solder on some ram data lines with a micro-paul of flux and some desoldering braid.

Last edited by a moderator: