Question Possibilities

i was wondering if this was possible
IMG_1563.JPG

Placing a Wii into psp shell
I know I would need to make some adjustments to the case
But I wanted to know if anyone knows a good way to make the back piece, i need to obviously make a new back piece for the batteries and heatsink fan etc. i don't own a 3D printer, so is there other ways on making a case?
And if someone suggest frankencasing then where would I obtain pieces of plastic( or whatever cases are made out of)
I know it's gonna look bulky but I have a psp and I enjoyed the feel of it so I wanted to see if this was possible

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
It's been done before, so it's possible, but definitely not a good first or maybe even second wii portable. You could make a psp lookalike that is larger and has more room, but that would be difficult without a printer.

If you're frankencasing, I recommend looking around at different options for plastic pieces. A good rule of thumb is to try and find a "central" piece for your portable and then frankencase only smaller pieces onto that. For example, don't do what I did and have a seam running down the middle of your portable where you glued two boxes together. It's not sturdy :P

Some ideas of things others have done include the wii u gamepad, gba carrying cases, weird large controllers like the GameCube ascii keyboard, shells and carrying cases for various consoles and controllers, or other consoles like the Atari Lynx. You could probably use a sega game gear if you wanted. The thing these all have in common is that they are comfortable, spacious but not too big, and are one piece of plastic that forms the body of the portable.

If you're set on a psp form factor but are stuck with frankencasing, you should research psp carrying cases. They are often shaped like the console they hold and are much more spacious than the original console. :)

It's been done before, so it's possible, but definitely not a good first or maybe even second wii portable. You could make a psp lookalike that is larger and has more room, but that would be difficult without a printer.

If you're frankencasing, I recommend looking around at different options for plastic pieces. A good rule of thumb is to try and find a "central" piece for your portable and then frankencase only smaller pieces onto that. For example, don't do what I did and have a seam running down the middle of your portable where you glued two boxes together. It's not sturdy :P

Some ideas of things others have done include the wii u gamepad, gba carrying cases, weird large controllers like the GameCube ascii keyboard, shells and carrying cases for various consoles and controllers, or other consoles like the Atari Lynx. You could probably use a sega game gear if you wanted. The thing these all have in common is that they are comfortable, spacious but not too big, and are one piece of plastic that forms the body of the portable.

If you're set on a psp form factor but are stuck with frankencasing, you should research psp carrying cases. They are often shaped like the console they hold and are much more spacious than the original console. :)
That's a lot of alternatives but I am set on the psp case
I was thinking of cutting the case up to make the space bigger and then filling in the caps with some pieces of plastic for the front and then somehow make the back piece
( speaking of which where would I find some pieces to fill in said gaps)
Also I was looking into cheap vacuum forming for cases so I was thinking about making one of those (need to find cheap toaster tho since all tutorials I've seen for a cheep one use those)

splain

Here's this:

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-piisp.249/

Looks like about a 10/10 on the difficulty/complexity scale with its own very unique problems/solutions. Definitely a "figure out how to make it work" project, there are no guides to follow, but at least you can look at the worklog for ideas. Let us know what you decide about the case!