Portablizing BOM

This is amazing! Just a question is this for any console or just for a Wii portable?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
So the batteries are for any console? I was a bit concerned on that.
Yup. The batteries aren't "made" for portablizing, but they are more than powerful enough to power any console worth portablizing.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
PSone (small model) can run off those batteries easily. The power brick outputs 7.4v and my PS1p runs off of two 7.4v packs.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Hey, the BOM has speakers on it, but there's no link. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Portables
Lol!
Hey, the BOM has speakers on it, but there's no link. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
I heard that a lot of people use 3DS speakers... Can someone confirm? I'm thinking about using some off eBay.

So I found another TFT display, this one displays 800x480. link -> Amazon.com $25 free shipping.

looks like your typical tft car backup monitor.
I just bought this display for my portable. I tested it with a 12v 600ma power supply and it works great, though it has some screen flickering in the corners.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Anyone have any recommendations for speakers as there isn't any in the BOM? What about a headphone jack? Also what's the consensus about the amp? I heard @Aurelio had something in the works but I'm not sure what the ETA on that is.
I'm not sure yet. It's pretty close, but there are still a couple of things to be fixed on the software side

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I have a question about this 5 inch screen from Gman's list: Does anyone know if it'll accept the VGA signal from a GCVideo? Since WayEngineer shafted Madmorda and I, I need a new screen I can use for 480p later on.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
480p, most likely. 480i or 240p...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I meant moreso the 15KHz thing. Don't want to buy a screen and find out later that it won't take the VGA feed.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
To anyone who has used the smart charger from this BOM: how did you mount the barrel jack in your case? It's very long and the end doesn't have much surface area so I'm having a hard time seeing how to mount it without fear of it breaking off from the pressure of constantly plugging in and out of it.