Portablizing BOM

pengy

I was only considering it until I realized you could build an indicator with two transistors instead of the 5 in daft mikes original guide xD

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If you're gonna use that, make sure to get it all off before you put the new chip on, or that chip may just fall off as well :P

pengy

Anyone ever use those 3ds xl speakers?
What's a good amp for those? I couldn't find the wattage of them any place

these ones:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182033854487?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I ordered these and they turn out to have a 12ohm impedance awkwardly enough. Do you guys think we can run these on the usual 4ohm amps without issue? When you run a higher ohm load on a lower ohm amp, you should see max volume issues.

Maybe running two of the speakers in parallel to reduce the combined impedance to 6ohm, then wiring that to a bridged output from the two amp channels??

Last edited:

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
Maybe running two of the speakers in parallel to reduce the combined impedance to 6ohm, then wiring that to a bridged output from the two amp channels??
This seems like a good idea. However, wouldn't this restrict you to mono audio output only?

pengy

Yes it would. However, upon further review I think my multimeter might actually be screwed up, as it reads the resistance of a wire at 6ohms :p so these are actually probably more like 6ohm speakers and ought to work fine.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
^
Basically, that is just the screen, without a driver board. So you can put it in your portable, but without a driver you wouldn't be able to actually display anything on it.

So it looks like the 4" display on aliexpress from the spreadsheet is no longer available. Does anyone have a link to another one? Or one I could buy off of them? I'm having trouble finding anything online. I'm ok with one that only has composite input as well. Thanks guys!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
So it looks like the 4" display on aliexpress from the spreadsheet is no longer available. Does anyone have a link to another one? Or one I could buy off of them? I'm having trouble finding anything online. I'm ok with one that only has composite input as well. Thanks guys!
I have a few... I got them for $18.5/unit from china. You can buy one from me if you want to.