PortablizeMii Wifi

When I was building my portablize mii software pack, I noticed that there is an opportunity to add wifi. What is the point of adding wifi to my software pack? What is the use of wifi for PortabalizeMii?

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
It may be beneficial for you to go actually read all the documentation for PortabilizeMii and The Definitive Wii Trimming guide.

PM was designed so that you can trim the Wii to roughly the size of a credit card (OMGWTF trim) or smaller (LMAO and OMEGA trims). It installs Custom IOS' that allow us to remove the Wifi, Bluetooth and Disc Drive from the Wii and still have it boot. The NoWifi IOS' are those custom pieces of software. PM also installs PostLoader, a customizable front-end for loading games and playing emulators.

Some users want to have PM but still have Wifi, so we made that selection an option.

Wifi isn't really that beneficial to a portable (IMO) Yes, you can stream Netflix and I believe there are some online servers for games ( Project M, iirc) and you can download homebrew but after trimming, it's a big pain to relocate the wifi module.

It's up to you, but that's why it's included as an option in the PM generator.

Thanks. Could u direct me a link to the portabalizemii documentation. I would love to read that, but i couldnt find it.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
For some people like me, Wifi is a must for developing software; you can use wiiload to send .dol files over the network so you can make minor changes and quickly see them live, without having to play USB hot potato.

Additionally, there's some neat software like ftpii and WiiExplorer(recommended) that will allow you to use an FTP client to transfer files from things like USB as well.

Ewhizz

If you install no wifi , and don't remove the wifi module will your wii not start ? This is what is currently happening to me

Ewhizz

Okay any clue why it wouldn't be booting ?sorry for the beginner questions