Question PortablizeMii update requests

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
@cheese once told me that the Wii will still boot even without a USB drive inserted but in my experiences PortablizeMii will remain a black screen without a usb drive inserted
This is from another thread, but I'm quoting it here because I plan to look into this further. I cannot replicate this issue; when I boot postLoader on my test Wii without a USB drive(both from Priiloader's installed file and over Wiiload) it takes a second, but postLoader's default "no usb" screen does show up.

Does anyone else have this issue?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Between cheese, Aurelio and I, we figured out what the issue was and fixed it!

Basically, it was a a USB timeout function that still used the RTC. Since trimmed boards remove the MX chip, the time gets stuck, and therefore you'd only get a black screen. Aurelio fixed the code(both in postLoader and in Priibooter GUI) so I've updated those on the site.

I'm gonna look into the font stuff and Wii2600 stuff at a later time. Maybe tonight, who knows.

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
Between cheese, Aurelio and I, we figured out what the issue was and fixed it!

Basically, it was a a USB timeout function that still used the RTC. Since trimmed boards remove the MX chip, the time gets stuck, and therefore you'd only get a black screen. Aurelio fixed the code(both in postLoader and in Priibooter GUI) so I've updated those on the site.

I'm gonna look into the font stuff and Wii2600 stuff at a later time. Maybe tonight, who knows.
If we can get that Atari Support, we'll be able to literally add over 2000 games to the roster playable with PortablizeMii

Shank

Staff member
Portables
What about including an app that will let you know that your wifi module is wired up correctly? That way you can install no-wifi IOSs, confirm everything works, and test everything before committing back to using the wi-fi enabled IOSs. That would make troubleshooting wifi enabled projects much easier.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
What about including an app that will let you know that your wifi module is wired up correctly? That way you can install no-wifi IOSs, confirm everything works, and test everything before committing back to using the wi-fi enabled IOSs. That would make troubleshooting wifi enabled projects much easier.
It might be possible, but so far the easiest way is to install the NoWiFi cIOSes, install an emunand with the standard IOSes and boot in the emunand and check that everything work

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Just makes sure the emuNAND works before hand 'cause I had issues doing this exact same thing.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Aren't only a few IOSs patched? What about an app that loaded into one of the other unpatched IOS's, then displayed a message that says "All clear" or something like that? Would it be something as simple as that or is it more complicated?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Aren't only a few IOSs patched? What about an app that loaded into one of the other unpatched IOS's, then displayed a message that says "All clear" or something like that? Would it be something as simple as that or is it more complicated?
Yes, that's basically the way, but so far we haven't done such kind of homebrew :D

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
If it didn't work though, I'm pretty sure all you'd get is a black screen anyways, so you'd effectively have the same thing

Saix

Drag and drop for Cube and Wii games would be pretty cool. It's a bit cumbersome in the current state and it would be way easier, especially for those who commission someone to build them a portable :)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Drag and drop for Cube and Wii games would be pretty cool. It's a bit cumbersome in the current state and it would be way easier, especially for those who commission someone to build them a portable :)
Due to the way the apps work, that's almost impossible. Every app has its own file structure you need to adhere to. Drag and drop would require rewriting the file handling system of every single app in the pack, and that's not happening.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Y'know I've always wanted something like that, but it'd probably be a separate app. In the meantime, homebrew channel and our postLoader do pull more power than most other stuff though IIRC.