Solved PortablizeMii unable to restore system menu

Alseho

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and have been working on making a portable wii lately. The wii I have was modded before with homebrew channel in 4.0, and was never touched again until recently. I know this because I did this, and so I decided to update the system menu to 4.3 via Multi-Mod Manager and then follow the guide posted here on how to install portablizemii. I have everything ready, but, as it is installing in cheese loader, it gives me an error. Unable to restore system menu! (rest = -106)

I don't know why it gives me that error, and it corrupts the system menu, leaving me in priiloader if I turn the console off and on again. I tried restoring the wad for the system menu over and over again, but it gives me the same issue, and I am not sure why. Any of you guys could help me out? I'm kind of stump as to how to fix it, maybe I am missing some other wads or files that needs to be restored.

Attachments

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I guess nobody responded whoops...

Installing the 4.3 system menu through MMM was your issue. If you can, reinstall the 4.0 system menu and try updating through the official updater in the system settings. If you still have issues, install the "wifi_" ioses included in the wads folder on the SD card portion of the pack, then try again.

Alseho

I guess nobody responded whoops...

Installing the 4.3 system menu through MMM was your issue. If you can, reinstall the 4.0 system menu and try updating through the official updater in the system settings. If you still have issues, install the "wifi_" ioses included in the wads folder on the SD card portion of the pack, then try again.
I should've posted an update yesterday, but I kind of forgot since I don't use forums that much. I ended up just formatting the the wii system memory to restore everything back to normal and reinstalling everything I had with the letter bomb and stuff. Everything works fine. I found out that the issue was with the wii but also the USB I was using, it was this really bad one that keep corrupting the files and it wouldn't launch portablizemii correctly.

I appreciate the response and everything though.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
No problem, glad it got solved! Hope your portable comes out good, oughta post a worklog!

Alseho

No problem, glad it got solved! Hope your portable comes out good, oughta post a worklog!
I really want to, but I'm really horrible at keeping a worklog lol. Usually I just keep everything on a piece of paper on what I need to do or on a doc to refer back to on what I need to do. I was planning on posting a finish build of it once I am done though. The community seems really helpful and nice from what I've seen, so I will consider the worklog since this is my first portable system I am trying to make.