Discussion PortablizeMii is here!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Since this has come up a couple times, I'll add a new check into cheese installer and write a new tutorial for the fix.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Danish feta, Swiss, and Island bries.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I like blue cheese dressing but actual blue cheese is like eating a waxy crayon. Horrid.

I think the links for the packs are down cause I'm not getting anything when I click the button aside from a white screen

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Portables

You'll notice on the main index and at the top of this forum that there is a new subforum for PortablizeMii!

Within that subforum is a whole host of information about the pack, and of course, the PortablizeMii Pack Generator itself. There will be a lot more documentation and videos in the future, as well as a lot more improvements and tweaking to come, but we are ready to release v1 of the pack!

The complete software solution designed to work with the smallest trims is now available for everyone.

There's quite a few people who are listed in the credits section, but I want to give special thanks to @Aurelio and @cheese. Without their hard work, this pack would not be possible.
Portibilizemii is not working I keep getting an error that says Exception (DSI) occurred.....help me pkplea

I'm currently in the software stages for my portable Wii, so am I able to use the program with the original hardware still intact? I do have a gc controller plugged in, but for now I want to use my wiimote.
In case that made NO sense
-have original hardware, etc
-asking if possible to use with wiimote
-what is the risk factor of using the program
-can I use with existing homebrew applications?
-i can launch games off of a usb drive, right?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
-have original hardware, etc
-asking if possible to use with wiimote
-what is the risk factor of using the program
Very little risk unless you don't follow the directions, yes you can use a wii remote with unmodified hardware (it just adds the ability to remove certain components, but it doesn't complain if they are there)
-can I use with existing homebrew applications?
yes
-i can launch games off of a usb drive, right?
Launching from USB is the only option

bro this hack is mad, great acomplishment for wii hacking great job guys

Hello, first post.

I am curious if PortabilizeMii has been updated to fix the 480p glitch that was found in the Revolution SDK?
Many homebrew programs like USBloaderGX and WiiFlow have already had the fix implemented.

This error in the SDK makes an incorrect call to the Wii encoder and effects all 480p content.
I wanted to know if it was addressed before attempting a RGBHV VGA mod.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-480p-video-bug-discovered.536599/

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello, first post.

I am curious if PortabilizeMii has been updated to fix the 480p glitch that was found in the Revolution SDK?
Many homebrew programs like USBloaderGX and WiiFlow have already had the fix implemented.

This error in the SDK makes an incorrect call to the Wii encoder and effects all 480p content.
I wanted to know if it was addressed before attempting a RGBHV VGA mod.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-480p-video-bug-discovered.536599/
Not yet, but I will release an update for the VGA patches with that fix

You legend!!!
Ill keep myself busy modding other systems and keep an eye out here for your update? Or your VGA thread?

I did something similar with the OG Xbox to get pure VGA RGBHV with no sync on green, its not my work I just put together some stuff from an old forgotten thread.
Ive also done a PS2 RGBHV no sync on green mod :)
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61706

Last edited:
Hello, just wanted to know if there was any way to apply gct codes to wii games integrated in postloader, or any solution implying other homebrews.
Thanks in advance.