Question Portable Wii Battery?

Reilly

I am completely inexperienced working with batteries and making them, I want to be as cheap as possible with my Wii Portable build, and have a relatively small battery pack. If someone who knows more about this could help me out, It'd be very appreciated.

What I need to know:

What's the most efficient battery pack I can get/make for 30$ or less?

How can I connect the battery pack to my Wii and LCD Screen?

What will I need (tool wise)

How I can make my own battery pack with a laptop battery?

Get 4 18650 lithium cell batteries. Are you going to trim your board? That could make a big difference. Please read the noob question thread. That will answer all of your questions.

Reilly

Get 4 18650 lithium cell batteries. Are you going to trim your board? That could make a big difference. Please read the noob question thread. That will answer all of your questions.
Uh, I ordered the batteries, since It sounds like a really good idea. I'd prefer not to trim the board though. (I'm kind of a newbie at this still) How would I go about using the batteries though, If you don't mind me asking.

Uh, I ordered the batteries, since It sounds like a really good idea. I'd prefer not to trim the board though. (I'm kind of a newbie at this still) How would I go about using the batteries though, If you don't mind me asking.
Again, most if not all of your questions can be answered in the guide and new user threads. You're going to need a battery protection circuit and some method of charging your cells. Check out the guide section on batteries.

Also, be warned that without a trim and custom regulators, the power draw is greater and therefore battery life will be less. The onboard voltage regulators on the Wii motherboard kind of suck.

Reilly

Again, most if not all of your questions can be answered in the guide and new user threads. You're going to need a battery protection circuit and some method of charging your cells. Check out the guide section on batteries.

Also, be warned that without a trim and custom regulators, the power draw is greater and therefore battery life will be less. The onboard voltage regulators on the Wii motherboard kind of suck.
Do you guys by any chance have a link to the noob question thread & trimming section? Sorry about this.

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/calling-all-noobs-noob-question-thread.253/

But really, go through and read A LOT. That is how you learn. It doesn't pay to answer the same question a hundred times when there is one really great explanation that nobody ever reads. I started out knowing nothing as well. But, when I went and read all the forums, I learned a lot, and am almost done with one portable and planning out a new one. Don't rush working on your portable. The planning and learning stage is probably the most important stage.