Solved Polaroid Screen Help

I have just restarted my n64p project, I started about 4 years ago and ended up abandoning it due to my busy schedule. At the time I purchased a Polaroid P-0700 DVD player to use the batteries and the screen. The batteries are old and one cell is inflated and unusable (to my knowledge, which is not very broad when it comes to batteries). My question is: Can this screen be used with the n64? If so are there any wiring guides or tips you have for me? As you can probably tell I am new to modding and have limited knowledge on electronics but I am eager to learn. I have yet to find a guide on this particular screen and I have been searching for days. Thanks.
17522477_10154263121091875_1401547892_o.jpg
17759010_10154263121116875_1428101605_o.jpg
17761337_10154263121101875_671138550_o.jpg

JacksonS

Portables
That looks like it takes LVDS, not any kind of analog video input, so I'd say no. It would be a lot more work than using any of the generic composite video LCDs on eBay and similar sites.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Portable dvd player screens are pretty much unusable. There may be one or two that work, but the vast majority won't without workarounds or large circuit boards attached.

If you look up TFT LCD monitors, they have ones from 3.5-7" for $20 or less that take composite. (Don't get the 7" composite lol). There are other ones too that accept vga, hdmi, component, etc. They can run off all different voltages and have relatively small circuit boards. Sometimes they're called backup car monitors too.

Portable dvd player screens are pretty much unusable. There may be one or two that work, but the vast majority won't without workarounds or large circuit boards attached.

If you look up TFT LCD monitors, they have ones from 3.5-7" for $20 or less that take composite. (Don't get the 7" composite lol). There are other ones too that accept vga, hdmi, component, etc. They can run off all different voltages and have relatively small circuit boards. Sometimes they're called backup car monitors too.

Would something like this be a good option then?
https://www.amazon.ca/Overhead-Moni...e=UTF8&qid=1491147429&sr=1-4&keywords=tft+lcd

Thanks for your help!

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
You probably already have purchased your monitor but just in case.

I just used this one and it's good quality (I mean for composite :awesome:) and much cheaper than the one you referenced.

You probably already have purchased your monitor but just in case.

I just used this one and it's good quality (I mean for composite :awesome:) and much cheaper than the one you referenced.
I ordered this screen, thanks for the link! Do you have any tips or pictures of when you wired it up? Like I said, my knowledge is limited and having a guide of some kind would be extremely helpful!!

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I ordered this screen, thanks for the link! Do you have any tips or pictures of when you wired it up? Like I said, my knowledge is limited and having a guide of some kind would be extremely helpful!!
You should be able to logic your way through it :). There are typically 3 cables on monitors like those. The red one is power, and then the yellow and white ones are av1 and av2. If you open up the case for the screen, there are probably 4 wires soldered to it from the cable. Red = power, black = ground, and yellow, green, or white are video in. It shouldn't matter which one you hook video up to, but I typically try to shoot for AV1. You can test with the cables still attached to figure which is which, but green/yellow is most likely AV1 and white is probably AV2. This is kind of a general explanation, so that screen may be slightly different, but of the 4-ish tft monitors I've had apart, they've all been that standard.