Question Playstation 2 off of 9V

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Hello all,

With the arrival of USB type C I've been left wondering if the PS2 7900X would run off of 9V and wanted to know if anyone could advise on that. Mainly because it'd be super-easy :)

Cheers!

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Well that's handy to know :) I assume you're talking about gmans regulator replacement to get it running off of 5V? I'm still messing with my WiiU PS2 unit and trying to do improvements here and there so don't have much wriggle room under the hood but welcome suggestions!

Well that's handy to know :) I assume you're talking about gmans regulator replacement to get it running off of 5V? I'm still messing with my WiiU PS2 unit and trying to do improvements here and there so don't have much wriggle room under the hood but welcome suggestions!
Hmph I just hope that there is a way to use USB 2.0 on the PS2 so games load faster.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Hmph I just hope that there is a way to use USB 2.0 on the PS2 so games load faster.
I had a long look into this, but I am just tenacious and would never claim to be smart. I concluded that the USB ports couldn't be pushed past 1.1 due to both hardware and firmware not being up to standard, and both being beyond my ability ;)

I can tell you that the NanoPi Zero doesn't have a high enough baud rate to load games over ethernet, but it worked great for the little temperature controller I brought it to make :)

I had a long look into this, but I am just tenacious and would never claim to be smart. I concluded that the USB ports couldn't be pushed past 1.1 due to both hardware and firmware not being up to standard, and both being beyond my ability ;)

I can tell you that the NanoPi Zero doesn't have a high enough baud rate to load games over ethernet, but it worked great for the little temperature controller I brought it to make :)
Hmm ok then that sucks. Well that is a good thing out of the NanoPi Zero then.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Hmm ok then that sucks. Well that is a good thing out of the NanoPi Zero then.
The Pi3 loads games well fast enough though, and lots of people have put them into portables. I'll probably look at doing similar with mine if I get my act together as that really is the best solution :)

The Pi3 loads games well fast enough though, and lots of people have put them into portables. I'll probably look at doing similar with mine if I get my act together as that really is the best solution :)
I have actually seen some portable Raspberry Pi's that are made for emulators, maybe I should try it out one day.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
They're a great place to begin if you've never made a portable before, and I'd say that (even secretly) everyone here has made one at some stage!