Question Plaing on building my first portable Wii

Also that's not quite right. The reason we use those batteries is because they are a great size and price for their capacity plus they are from a trusted seller. There are plenty of other batteries you can use. Also that's not exactly how current works. A load on the circuit (in this case a wii) only draws as much current as needed to function as long as there is no variable voltage source. Resistance can and does change with additional components (like screen and controller) so the current will change to combat that additional resistance.

I was just making a general statement. I know the resistance changes depending on how much current each component uses. I was just saying that if the maximum output current of thr battery is 2 amps, there is no way to just make more current appear.

So if I make a node between the two outputs the current should sum right?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So if I make a node between the two outputs the current should sum right?
It’s not that simple. If your battery board uses two regulators (one for each output) and you put them together (in parallel, not in series), if their voltage is even slightly different then there’s going to be an high current between the two and you’re going to fry it.
The solution is really simple. Use the 1A output to power the 5V line (usb, fan and if it’s enough the screen as well), while hse the 2.1A output to power the other voltage regulators. You might want to change this configuration depending on the power consumption of your screen and everything else