Guide Pinout for Wiimote Trimming

JacksonS

Portables
While messing around with an older Nintendo Wii remote (without Motion Plus) I found the following pinout for all the buttons on the controller. The vias lie right where the speaker sits, underneath the Broadcom chip. Pin 13 ("Common") is the common line that all the buttons connect to. You can use ground instead, but I thought I'd still include it in the pin-out.

Zoomed out view of the front of the Wii remote circuit board.

I also found that you can remove this chip and the controller will still function normally (I haven't tested it extensively). I believe it controls the speaker, so removing it may conserve power.

Can you please release a guide of how you trimmed the controller to fit in your wii sp.
ownly lines to cut and how to conned the pins would be realy helpful. You were the person that brouth me into this sport. When I saw your wii sp 2.0 I thouth: WOW this is wonderful. I need to do this to.
I hope you wand to help, thank you for your time you are a wonderful man.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Can you please release a guide of how you trimmed the controller to fit in your wii sp.
ownly lines to cut and how to conned the pins would be realy helpful. You were the person that brouth me into this sport. When I saw your wii sp 2.0 I thouth: WOW this is wonderful. I need to do this to.
I hope you wand to help, thank you for your time you are a wonderful man.
You just gotta keep some components

like, you can cut right under the +, -, and home buttons I believe.

But I know for a fact you can cut over them, not sure if you can cut under them without relocating anything is your's the same rev wiimote?

Ya, thank you. Mabie just considering sending a close up picture of the trim inside your wii sp 2.0 that would already be realy helpful

Thank you but just discoverd that out of all my 5 wii remotes one are suitable for this trim.:(
Is there a guide to know wich remote is suitable for the trim?

Reactions: Zoe