Question PIF Question...

So I started a N64 portable and I have trimmed the board. I am now wiring up the PIF per the Guide on my revision 2 motherboard. I have a simple question that seems probably dumb but all of the Pin 6 and Pin 7 wiring locations on my motherboard already have continuity? The guide says that I need to wire the 6th Pin to the CPU, RPC, and cart slot but they are all already connected? As for Pin 7 the Pin on the CPU and the Pin on the Cart slot are also connected based on what my multimeter says. I just wanted to ask before I ran wires if they weren't needed. My multimeter isn't the best in the world and I know continuity can be there if the resistance is within a certain threshold but again just wanted to check before I either have issues or burn up a motherboard

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
If you havent trimmed deeply into the motherboard, it's possible the traces for these signals were not cut. Give it a try if you want. It wont damage anything if you turn it on with it missing a wire, it just wont turn on.

If you havent trimmed deeply into the motherboard, it's possible the traces for these signals were not cut. Give it a try if you want. It wont damage anything if you turn it on with it missing a wire, it just wont turn on.
Awesome thanks! I figured it was probably something like that. I did go a little wider than the advanced trim to make sure I had room for error so they probably were not broken. I'll give it a try hopefully all goes well!