Solved PICkit 3 Low Voltage Configuration Help

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so hopefully this is fine.
My current issue is that I am trying to program a GC+ and whenever I connect the PICkit 3 to the PCB, MPLAB X IPE gives me this message:
MPLAB X has detected that the device’s low voltage configuration bit is set to OFF but the tool is set to low voltage programming and cannot program the device. To correct this:
1. Change the tool’s programming option to use High Voltage programming.
2. Change the device’s configuration bit to use low voltage (LVP=ON). Program the device using high voltage to reprogram the device’s configuration bit.
3. Change the tool’s programming option back to Low Voltage programming for subsequent programming of the device.
MPLAB X has detected that the device’s low voltage configuration bit is set to OFF but the tool is set to low voltage programming and cannot program the device. To correct this:
1. Change the tool’s programming option to use High Voltage programming.
2. Change the device’s configuration bit to use low voltage (LVP=ON). Program the device using high voltage to reprogram the device’s configuration bit.
3. Change the tool’s programming option back to Low Voltage programming for subsequent programming of the device.
I have the device selected as PIC18F25K22 and my tool selected. Under the power settings I enabled "Power Target circuit from Tool" and have tried setting the VDD to 5v and 3.3v will no luck.
I would really just like to know if this is a software issue with MPLAB or if I should try re-soldering my chip.
Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
It's not a software issue in MPLAB. This can occur for a variety of reasons, the most common being that the pic isn't being powered properly. For instance, I was powering a chip from the ps2 (not the pickit) and I forgot to plug the connector into the ps2 and got this error. I would double check your soldering job or post some pictures so we can help diagnose a the problem.

It's not a software issue in MPLAB. This can occur for a variety of reasons, the most common being that the pic isn't being powered properly. For instance, I was powering a chip from the ps2 (not the pickit) and I forgot to plug the connector into the ps2 and got this error. I would double check your soldering job or post some pictures so we can help diagnose a the problem.
I ended up getting it to work, I'm not really sure what I did but I restarted MPLAB and changed the USB port that the PICkit 3 was plugged into.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Perfect! I'm glad you were able to get it to work. I'll mark this thread as solved.