Worklog PCSX2 Device

At the risk of seeming like a pleb, I think it's time I engage the community once again, because as we all know, everything we don't know someone else does.

So here's what I've been working on; Its a Windows machine, which will run PCSX2 (and whatever else it can handle), and every game that's compatible with it. I plan to use a COMe-CVR6 (e2), a JXD Singularity S12K, and a custom designed carrier board.

The Compact Express module:
https://www.kontron.com/products/bo...xpress/com-express-compact/come-cvr6-e2-.html

The mostly complete case with LT070ME05000 screen (and capacitive touch)
http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s192-rk/

And finally the carrier board:

I guess it's worth while to start with a list of concerns and other knowledge that I am currently lacking, so here goes

-Currently I'm working on getting the HDMI converted to MIPI DSI for the screen, and was hoping someone may have a full datasheet for the LT070ME05000, a long shot, but I need more info in it.

-Also looking for a datasheet/schematic for the TC358870XBG chip, I've ordered a board that uses it to try and gain some insights, but reverse engineering can only tell you so much.

-I have been tossing around the idea of making it a wireless headphones only system, no integrated speakers or jacks, so would I still need to use a DAC like the ALC1150, or can I omit that component?

-The touch panel uses an i2c protocol to communicate, and I was going to use an FT200XD to interface it with one of the USB lanes, thoughts/problems about/with that?

-Using an ATMEGA32 for the controller, coupled with an MPU-6050 for 3 axis capability, also over one of the USB lanes

-As you can see I'm using an M.2 SSD, and about PCIE lanes, must they all be matched to the same length, or can the lanes all be different lengths as long as the pairs within them are the same length as each other?

-Do I need to use an inductor to separate/buffer the 5 and 3.3 volt rails from whatever loads are attached to them?

3d 1.png

Okay here's a question for the community:

How might one make a circuit to control the brightness of an LCD, basically just something that could, on the command of say.. a GPIO pin or two, vary a voltage between 3.3 and 5 so as to increase or decrease the brightness of a panel?

Portables
Okay here's a question for the community:

How might one make a circuit to control the brightness of an LCD, basically just something that could, on the command of say.. a GPIO pin or two, vary a voltage between 3.3 and 5 so as to increase or decrease the brightness of a panel?
Wouldn't you use a potentiometer for this kind of application? variable resistance to control the current? or are you doing something else?

I want to be able to do it within the system software, that same way you control the brightness on your phone screen (it basically is a phone screen). The backlight LED's brightness seems to depend on where to voltage is between 3.3 and 5 volts.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If you want to use a microcontroller you could just do PWM out (and use a capacitor to smooth the voltage). Then just use two gpio pins on the micro to increase/decrease a variable.

So when it comes to building a buck converter, is it the size of the the inductor that determines how much energy it produces?