Worklog Pcb for TI PTH08080WAH

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
So basically an easy to use Pcb for the TI (Texas Instruments)PTH08080WAH regs.

I will basically be designing this in Ki cad, I think i have all the right stuff for it...

Okay, i cant find the specific values for the resistors but i found closest to what it needs,
So my question is will these work.

86.6K Resistor for 1V,
34K Resistor for 1.15V,
(two) 1K resistors for 3.3V,
and then 352 resistor for 5V.

Thanks in advanced. :D

JacksonS

Portables
This is what I use:

86.6k for 1V
33k for 1.15V
1.8k for 3.3V
348 for 5V

You should probably use just a single resistor for 3.3V, not 2 in series.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
My question to you is "Why?"
If its for cost, got with a PowerMii Lite. I have designed and am about to order a PTH breakout board myself. After you buy the regs, the components, and the boards from OSH, its will likely cost more than a PowerMii Lite, assuming you get it right the first time. The only reason I am making a TI based one is because I have a very particular gimmick with them I need to be used as part of a gag.

If we are being real here, TI regs suck. They are big (after you add the caps), noisy (disruptive to other circuitry), a pain to work with, and not particularly efficient. The only reason we used them for so long is that was all that was available. PowerMii Lite fixes these issues, and is more economical than getting a breakout board for your TI regs.

Portables
My question to you is "Why?"
If its for cost, got with a PowerMii Lite. I have designed and am about to order a PTH breakout board myself. After you buy the regs, the components, and the boards from OSH, its will likely cost more than a PowerMii Lite, assuming you get it right the first time. The only reason I am making a TI based one is because I have a very particular gimmick with them I need to be used as part of a gag.

If we are being real here, TI regs suck. They are big (after you add the caps), noisy (disruptive to other circuitry), a pain to work with, and not particularly efficient. The only reason we used them for so long is that was all that was available. PowerMii Lite fixes these issues, and is more economical than getting a breakout board for your TI regs.
When will PowerMii be available?

Because the reason im using Ti is because i was told it wont be available for a while...
But yeah, i was told it wasnt gonna be available for a while so i was gonna make a board for the ti regs,
Do we a Release date?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
When will PowerMii be available?

Because the reason im using Ti is because i was told it wont be available for a while...
But yeah, i was told it wasnt gonna be available for a while so i was gonna make a board for the ti regs,
Do we a Release date?
There are 2 different boards with 2 different release dates.
PowerMii Lite is essentially a better version of the PTH regs. The first batch will be likely be shipped out within a few weeks or so
WiiHud PowerMii has everything you could ever need to power your wii. It will be released in a few months or so.

Portables
There are 2 different boards with 2 different release dates.
PowerMii Lite is essentially a better version of the PTH regs. The first batch will be likely be shipped out within a few weeks or so
WiiHud PowerMii has everything you could ever need to power your wii. It will be released in a few months or so.
I wasn't on the PowerMii List, when you say shipped, You mean the people on the list, Correct?
If that is the case why not just use this?

Noah

retired
Portables
I wasn't on the PowerMii List, when you say shipped, You mean the people on the list, Correct?
If that is the case why not just use this?
You had plenty of time to put yourself on lmao.

I'll be blunt, if you have to question the resistance needed to reach the desired voltages you probably aren't ready to design a PCB for any regulator.

Portables
You had plenty of time to put yourself on lmao.

I'll be blunt, if you have to question the resistance needed to reach the desired voltages you probably aren't ready to design a PCB for any regulator.
Im not saying it wasnt my fault, But im saying i wasnt on there.

I was making sure so i dont mess up....

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Im not saying it wasnt my fault, But im saying i wasnt on there.

I was making sure so i dont mess up....
@DeoNaught, how many times do we have to have this conversation before you get it? The resistor values needed for PTH are clearly defined in the Guide Hub. If you had done even the smallest amount of research you would've known that. If you are trying to design a pcb (do you even know how to solder?) then you could easily make an resistor combination to get the values needed.

You don't do any research or spend anytime whatsoever actually looking up the info you need; instead you hop on here expecting everyone to do all the work for you and answer every tinsy tiny question that you think of. This is not how a community works. We EXPECT that you will put in the effort to learn and google and do the research and more importantly, to think for yourself. If you cannot draw reasonable conclusions for work that has been posted then you won't make it far whatsoever. You are becoming a nuisance and wasting valuable time for everyone, including yourself.

If you wish to change. Focus on the basics such as: building a portable. Once you actually make one work, then move on to pcb design or whatever you wish. Don't jump all the way in the deep end when you don't even know how to swim. Do NOT carelessly post. If you have questions that you haven't been able to find information on, AFTER actually searching with all the means you posses then come to us. If you keep frivolously posting, I will not hesitate to remove your ability to do so.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@DeoNaught, how many times do we have to have this conversation before you get it? The resistor values needed for PTH are clearly defined in the Guide Hub. If you had done even the smallest amount of research you would've known that. If you are trying to design a pcb (do you even know how to solder?) then you could easily make an resistor combination to get the values needed.

You don't do any research or spend anytime whatsoever actually looking up the info you need; instead you hop on here expecting everyone to do all the work for you and answer every tinsy tiny question that you think of. This is not how a community works. We EXPECT that you will put in the effort to learn and google and do the research and more importantly, to think for yourself. If you cannot draw reasonable conclusions for work that has been posted then you won't make it far whatsoever. You are becoming a nuisance and wasting valuable time for everyone, including yourself.

If you wish to change. Focus on the basics such as: building a portable. Once you actually make one work, then move on to pcb design or whatever you wish. Don't jump all the way in the deep end when you don't even know how to swim. Do NOT carelessly post. If you have questions that you haven't been able to find information on, AFTER actually searching with all the means you posses then come to us. If you keep frivolously posting, I will not hesitate to remove your ability to do so.
IMG_4013.JPG