PCB editing/creation programs

Portables
Hey everyone. I just put together a little desktop for my workbench using a raspberry pi 3 and got to looking through some of the programs/software included with the raspian OS. I came across some pcb creation software (PCB Designer) and it peaked my interest. I know some of the more tech savvy of you have designed some custom pcbs for various little projects and I was wondering if you could clue me into what some of the good/better free programs are for this. I have no idea what I would even make with it but I'm always interested in learning a new thing.

Portables
Sweet. I'll look into those. Is there one you prefer over the other?

JacksonS

Portables
Check out some OSHPark projects if you want to get some inspiration for a project of your own.

Portables
Will do. Thanks for the responses peeps. I may be falling down a rabbit hole here soon haha.

bentomo

sands mobos in a single swipe
You should point out though that KiCad is completely free with up to 32 layers and whatever board size you want. The free Eagle version is very limited in comparison. Once you get over how libraries work in KiCad I think it's a clear winner.

Noah

retired
Portables
Yeah I forgot to mention Eagle is very limited in more ways than one. I believe you can make up to 4 layer boards (might even be 2) and you also have a size limit.