Solved PCB design help

Hi everyone. Someone (BadAss Consoles) created a small custom PCB that I would very much like to get my hands on. Unfortunately BadAss Consoles can't be reached, I don't know if they ever sold the PCB, and I clearly won't be able to get one from them. Could anyone here help me reproduce it?

Here is what it looks like:

1664216291209.png

Full disclosure, I asked the same thing on another thread of mine that is for my whole project, and I have a feeling this might be agains the rules. If so, please let me know and I'll delete this thread. Thanks!

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
First, you should learn a bit about PCB design.

To gain a understanding of the different concepts in PCB design, I found this playlist helpful. It goes over footprints, schematics and other things. Once you become a little more inclined, you're already halfway to remaking this board. A good tool I used for my first pcb was image referencing. For software, Kicad and easyEDA are great. Fusion 360 is also really helpful for measuring your scanned images.

Last edited:
I found this playlist helpful.
Thanks for the link, this was definitely helpful! Better late than never, I tried designing my first PCB, with a much simpler goal to begin with: the AV port.

IMG_9067.jpg

This is the design I came up with. I decided to make it reversible, as I don't know yet how I'm gonna install it, hence the additional ground holes. Are there any obvious flaws in this design?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 09.43.18.png

When performing the DRC Control, KiCad shows some errors (Courtyards overlap). My understanding is that the white lines represent the actual footprint taken by the components I used to design. I won't be using any components though, just wires. Is that ok to ignore this warning in this case?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 à 09.43.53.png

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
Thanks for the link, this was definitely helpful! Better late than never, I tried designing my first PCB, with a much simpler goal to begin with: the AV port.

View attachment 25194

This is the design I came up with. I decided to make it reversible, as I don't know yet how I'm gonna install it, hence the additional ground holes. Are there any obvious flaws in this design?

View attachment 25195

When performing the DRC Control, KiCad shows some errors (Courtyards overlap). My understanding is that the white lines represent the actual footprint taken by the components I used to design. I won't be using any components though, just wires. Is that ok to ignore this warning in this case?

View attachment 25196
Congrats on learning PCB design! Itll be a valuable asset going forward.

for the errors, try removing the white circle. It's overlapping with on of the pins. Same with the blue one. Another thing that'll help is to printout your pcb on paper to ensure that you have the right dimensions for everything.

Congrats on learning PCB design! Itll be a valuable asset going forward.

for the errors, try removing the white circle. It's overlapping with on of the pins. Same with the blue one. Another thing that'll help is to printout your pcb on paper to ensure that you have the right dimensions for everything.
I have not found out how to remove those white and blue circles, but I'll find out. I 3D printed it so I'm pretty confident about the size. Now I'm pretty sure they won't work perfectly first try, but I'm hopeful that it will be ok by revision 2 or 3 :)