Model Party Box STL files

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
PB4.jpg

3d print files.jpg
3d print files2.jpg

Build log: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-party-box-wii-portable.3362/

Included are multiple variants:

-STL parts with no custom art and generic shaped vents (If you want to modify with your own art)
-Bottom piece designed for @Gman 's USB-C board
-Bottom piece designed for a DC barrel jack (power) and USB-A red board
-Screen bezel with button holes (Designed for Sunfounder screen)
-Screen bezel without button holes (For alternate 7" screens)
-Art files are included for multi-color/material printing

Items required:

DC Barrel Jack (Generic) (Optional variant)
USB-C board from bitbuilt store (Optional Variant)
U-Amp board from bitbuilt store
RVL-PMS board from bitbuilt store

VGA port (Female)
VGA female.jpg

Switching headphone jack

35x35x10 Fan and Heatsink

Various length M3 screws and nuts (Case screws)

Various length M2 screws (Internals)

Generic USB-A red board

Set of Asus EEE PC 1000H hinges
hinges.jpg

3PDT Slide Switch

3 Halo LED Tact switches

Sunfounder 7" IPS display

Dual 15.00mm x 11.00mm speakers

Flat CAT6 or CAT7 Network lead (to transfer video and power between main unit and screen)

Attachments

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
EEE PC hinges were literally the only low profile laptop hinges I could find that didn't cost $50+. It seems the second hand market for these hinges is pretty strong.

Portables
(have two in production behind the scenes)
It has another great use too, for anyone else looking to use them too, EEE PC hardware is amazing for making mini MAME cabinets, and they are great for XP/7 tablets too :D

Portables
(have two in production behind the scenes)
To be honest yeah, I will however be using some of the footprints from this case though (sorry for multiple posts haha) particularly it's ports. Ciao bois, I'm going to bed :D

Viilmo

Portables
Sorry for bumping this post, but im looking to build one of these and have a question for the screen. The screen you linked is rather expensive for me and I wanted to be sure that if i use this screen that its still gonna look good. It says it's IPS but im not so sure for the price.
Another thing is that the link to the usb A board doesn't work anymore and wanted to know if this is the one you used.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Sorry for bumping this post, but im looking to build one of these and have a question for the screen. The screen you linked is rather expensive for me and I wanted to be sure that if i use this screen that its still gonna look good. It says it's IPS but im not so sure for the price.
Another thing is that the link to the usb A board doesn't work anymore and wanted to know if this is the one you used.
The screen you linked is not in stock, only supports HDMI and possibly doesn't display anything but it's native resolution which will be problematic with a Wii.

The USB board you linked is fine.

Viilmo

Portables
The screen you linked is not in stock, only supports HDMI and possibly doesn't display anything but it's native resolution which will be problematic with a Wii.

The USB board you linked is fine.
Thanks, but i was actually thinking of using the AVE-HDMI. prop should have mentioned that
Problem with the SunFounder is that it is out of stock while the other one i could have bought and just would need to wait.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Thanks, but i was actually thinking of using the AVE-HDMI. prop should have mentioned that
AVE-HDMI does not have a scaler, so getting HDMI is not the issue - the issue is that if that LCD driver does not support Wii specific resolutions you'll get no image.

Oh how I wish the GCVideo system scaled to resolutions... I think some big brain told me it would be possible but would take load of ram that could hold the whole frame buffer. Out of my league for now... I loathe playing anything designed to output at 4:3 through my avehdmi to my TV which only displays 16:9 1080p.

BTW, did you ever update your models to hold the new 4layer boards @Wesk ? I checked out the zelda box but Vipe never got back to me about his models.

This is on the list for sure...

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Oh how I wish the GCVideo system scaled to resolutions... I think some big brain told me it would be possible but would take load of ram that could hold the whole frame buffer. Out of my league for now... I loathe playing anything designed to output at 4:3 through my avehdmi to my TV which only displays 16:9 1080p.

BTW, did you ever update your models to hold the new 4layer boards @Wesk ? I checked out the zelda box but Vipe never got back to me about his models.

This is on the list for sure...
I've not yet made 4layer board updates as I'll likely make additional improvements at the same time. Something for the future.

Viilmo

Portables
Oh I didn't actually know that. Good to know that. Finding a good 7 Inch screen is pretty hard. Did you have any other screens in mind when making this?

Viilmo

Portables
Portables
Thanks that one should do it. I just hope that it's the same driver board like the one that Wesk got. I didn't think looking on the american amazon since I live in germany.

The problem with that one is that its out of stock and pretty expensive.
The one I linked is Bill of Materials screen and here it is in stock on aliexpress. Just because OEM is out of stock doesn't mean it really is

Viilmo

Portables
The one I linked is Bill of Materials screen and here it is in stock on aliexpress. Just because OEM is out of stock doesn't mean it really is

I know but the more important part was the price for me the one @SparkleBear linked is way cheaper