Solved Parts for Wiivision

Hello

I been dreaming about making a WiiVision but I would love if you guys could help me make a list of all the parts that I would need to make a WiiVision and where to find it,It would be super helpful. Thank you to those who help.

Parts
WiiVison Case
Cooling Kit
5inch VGA Display Screen -
GC+ (V2.0) Replacement Controller Board
Power Management system
Nintendo Wii Model 101
Broken Wii Remote
Wii Remote
2 Gamecube controller
Madcatz gamecube controller
Wii Power cable
Wii sensor
4 lithium batteries
Headphone Phone Jack Stereo

Last edited:

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Hello

I been dreaming about making a WiiVision but I would love if you guys could help me make a list of all the parts that I would need to make a WiiVision and where to find it,It would be super helpful. Thank you to those who help.

Parts
Cooling kit - Bitbuilt store
5 inch vga screen - Bitbuilt store
RVL power manger - Bitbuilt store
You can reach out to Gman for him to commission you a print if you want to build a WiiVision (the case is not open sourced). Apart from that, you’ll need a madcatz controller, 4 lithium cells, headphone jack, DC port and various types of wire just to name a few.

I’d take a look at the other WiiVision builds on the forums, as well as the Gboy guide to get a good idea for general portablizing parts you’ll need. Good luck!

You can reach out to Gman for him to commission you a print if you want to build a WiiVision (the case is not open sourced). Apart from that, you’ll need a madcatz controller, 4 lithium cells, headphone jack, DC port and various types of wire just to name a few.

I’d take a look at the other WiiVision builds on the forums, as well as the Gboy guide to get a good idea for general portablizing parts you’ll need. Good luck!
thank you so much for the information but can you provide links to finds these items it would be really helpful and what would be the wiring

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Nobody is going to spoon-feed you all the information. You'll need to spend time looking through other users threads and researching what others have done to learn what you'll need.

Nobody is going to spoon-feed you all the information. You'll need to spend time looking through other users threads and researching what others have done to learn what you'll need.
I completely understand that but I didn’t want people to “spoon-feed” but I just wanted to make a complete list of all the parts because I don’t really know all the electronics that go into it and just to let you know it’s says I might have just joined today but I been on this website looking through many work logs.

Tron

Here is my current BOM. I can't guarantee its correctness as I am still in the process of building mine.

1594093261303.png

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
While BOM and lists of needed goods are nice, it's important to also realize that there there are many different approaches one could take.
You said you've started to look at work-logs that others have posted - that's good! It's nice to learn what mistakes to avoid, tricks, etc. from others without having to risk your own hardware.
I'd also strongly recommend you go through any list of materials you collect and understand the reason behind the parts. Why stranded core vs. solid core wire? What is magnet wire? What the flux is flux and why is it used? You get the idea.

Best of luck starting out your portable and make sure to read the guides thoroughly. There's a _lot_ that can be learned.

While BOM and lists of needed goods are nice, it's important to also realize that there there are many different approaches one could take.
You said you've started to look at work-logs that others have posted - that's good! It's nice to learn what mistakes to avoid, tricks, etc. from others without having to risk your own hardware.
I'd also strongly recommend you go through any list of materials you collect and understand the reason behind the parts. Why stranded core vs. solid core wire? What is magnet wire? What the flux is flux and why is it used? You get the idea.

Best of luck starting out your portable and make sure to read the guides thoroughly. There's a _lot_ that can be learned.
Thank you very much for the information.

Where does one find the joy stick break out boards for the WiiVision Nintendo Switch joy cons. Also does anyone know when Cooling Kit, GC+ (V2.0) Replacement Controller Board, Power Management system, will be back in stock?

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Where does one find the joy stick break out boards for the WiiVision Nintendo Switch joy cons.
We either make them ourselves by designing the pcb, ordering the connector, and soldering it. Or @GingerOfOz might still sell his

Brother you need to chill out on spamming in the forums (posting multiple threads/double posting instead of editing the previous post. Just a breathe and read up and look on different threads. You can contact people pretty easy by looking at the, "members" section (click their profile name and "start a conversation" button). But as far as posting multiple threads asking different questions.. just compile all the questions you have and make ONE thread to ask questions or reach out to people. Heck, just make a worklog thread and ask in there. People are pretty chill when it comes to helping new people.
I am new to the forums as well, but you got to show people respect and actually do a little digging yourself. Not trying to offend, just keeping it real!

Good luck though! Look forward to seeing your portable! I am still struggling with my N64 portable, but still haven't had a ton of time to work on it. The struggles of adulting I'm afraid!

Brother you need to chill out on spamming in the forums (posting multiple threads/double posting instead of editing the previous post. Just a breathe and read up and look on different threads. You can contact people pretty easy by looking at the, "members" section (click their profile name and "start a conversation" button). But as far as posting multiple threads asking different questions.. just compile all the questions you have and make ONE thread to ask questions or reach out to people. Heck, just make a worklog thread and ask in there. People are pretty chill when it comes to helping new people.
I am new to the forums as well, but you got to show people respect and actually do a little digging yourself. Not trying to offend, just keeping it real!

Good luck though! Look forward to seeing your portable! I am still struggling with my N64 portable, but still haven't had a ton of time to work on it. The struggles of adulting I'm afraid!
When did I spam? This is is just one thread I made, also If you read the comments Above you would have seen that I have been searching all over the worklogs I have continually searched. Also I not trying to be offensive and thank you for your support. Also this is just before I do the worklog.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
When did I spam? This is is just one thread I made, also If you read the comments Above you would have seen that I have been searching all over the worklogs I have continually searched. Also I not trying to be offensive and thank you for your support. Also this is just before I do the worklog.
You spammed when you made 3 posts in a row, this is against the rules. Use the EDIT button to organize the thread rather than many posts one after another.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Yes. People are willing to help but edit your current post rather than posting 3 times in a row in the same thread. This prevents the forums from becoming clogged up. Someone will reply, you just need to be patient.

Noah

retired
Portables
You need some kind of audio amp. The U-AMP is probably best since it works with the headphone jack for the WiiVision out of the box.