Worklog Overlord's PS2 Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kinda looks like Nintendo gets a lot of love on this forum, so I thought I'd bring something different to the table.
I'll be throwing a PS2 Slim inside Wii U hard case. The plan is for no disk drive, usb/SD card loading only, 7.4v batts, 5.6 inch lcd, and digital volume control, so far. Mobo is a 79002.
Some stuff I've already got, other stuff is in the mail and on it's way. Should be fun to see how this turns out.
Starting on the case work pretty much asap.
DSCN0908.JPG

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I'm excited. While I've only ever done nintendo stuff, I love seeing other portables like this.

Cool, great to see something other than Nintendo going on.
(I hope to join you in here with my own thread once I fix up my new place and can move in properly...)

Looking forward to see your progress.

Noah

retired
Portables
Cool, great to see something other than Nintendo going on.
(I hope to join you in here with my own thread once I fix up my new place and can move in properly...)

Looking forward to see your progress.
Neat! If we get another PS2 going I can totally stand behind making a Sony section.

Sounds awesome Overlord! Can't wait to see how this one turns out! :D

Thanks guys. Gunna try my best here :)

This is my second go at a PS2p, so this time round I've learned from my mistakes.
DSCN0909.JPG DSCN0915.JPG
Started out by cutting a spacer out of a second front half of a hard case, super glued it to the first half. Also cut out controller buttons and D-pad, super glued them into place, and shoulder triggers on the back.
Screen is a salvaged PSOne LCD. Measured it in the case, then cut up some plexiglass to fill in the gaps on either side. Used a PS home button hole on the front of the case for on/off. Epoxied everything in place.
DSCN0918.JPG DSCN0916.JPG DSCN0919.JPG
The spacer was such a good call. That, coupled with the raised face buttons, buys me so much more space inside the case.
For filling the holes/gaps, this time I've gone with ABS Slurry. I've seen a few other people online use it, so figured I'd give it a shot. Still waiting for it to fully dry, then I can start the delightful process of sanding :XD:
DSCN0923.JPG DSCN0924.JPG

Quakers

Smash that like button!
Im not sure if this counts as a bump or not, but pretty sure this thread should be moved to the Sony section.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
This thread is from 2016, so yes this was definitely an unnecessary bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.