Outta stock

Currently, the pms pd 2 is out of stock on 4 layer tech. Is there any alternative pcb that can act as a replacement? If not, does anyone know when they’ll come back in stock?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Right now there are no all-in-one replacements, you'd need to make your own custom PCB with a PD controller and USB MUX. Better to just wait on a restock, Gunnar recently moved so that's likely been the hold up. Hopefully not too long before a restock, definitely worth the wait.

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
The GC 2.0 is out of stock now too ;(

I'm foaming at the mouth to purchase another full ashida set and build my second ashida with Wifi, Bluetooth, and HDMI out.

The GC 2.0 is out of stock now too ;(

I'm foaming at the mouth to purchase another full ashida set and build my second ashida with Wifi, Bluetooth, and HDMI out.
Really? I should’ve ordered it sooner

Right now there are no all-in-one replacements, you'd need to make your own custom PCB with a PD controller and USB MUX. Better to just wait on a restock, Gunnar recently moved so that's likely been the hold up. Hopefully not too long before a restock, definitely worth the wait.
Any idea when stock may be back up? I reached out to 4layer a while ago and got the cold shoulder and dont see any way to get on a waiting list for when they re-up.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Any idea when stock may be back up? I reached out to 4layer a while ago and got the cold shoulder and dont see any way to get on a waiting list for when they re-up.
I'm not part of 4LayerTech so I don't have an answer for you, but if you haven't already, I would join their discord server (link is on their website).

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
They posted on Twitter at the end of April that they're getting tons of requests per day of "when are boards gonna be back in stock".

I don't think they're going to answer those types of emails anymore.

They're hoping the boards are gonna come in any week now. They're ordering from an actual board manufacturer to increase gman's quality of life since he was the one populating the SMD components himself.

This investment will pay off for everyone in the community when they're able to keep sufficient stock and the 4layer team isn't being beaten to a pulp to produce for us.

Most importantly gman will have more time to pursue his own passions and I'm sure in the future he'll bless us mortals with another mind melting project.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
They posted on Twitter at the end of April that they're getting tons of requests per day of "when are boards gonna be back in stock".

I don't think they're going to answer those types of emails anymore.

They're hoping the boards are gonna come in any week now. They're ordering from an actual board manufacturer to increase gman's quality of life since he was the one populating the SMD components himself.

This investment will pay off for everyone in the community when they're able to keep sufficient stock and the 4layer team isn't being beaten to a pulp to produce for us.

Most importantly gman will have more time to pursue his own passions and I'm sure in the future he'll bless us mortals with another mind melting project.
well said!

Update for y'all. I got an email from the fab today they sent a picture of the GC+ samples assembled. They look great and they are shipping them to me now. Then after they arrive, I'll test them, and then they will begin assembling the rest of the batch.

No word on the PMS-PD yet, I placed the order shortly after the GC+ order, so it shouldnt be too far behind.

Makes sense. I appreciate the update guys! As a side note, Im confused about something. I got my pcbs delivered from jcl but I noticed that they dont have the connector ports for the joysticks. Does anyone know where I could get them from or how I would proceed? Would I just solder the connections of the joysticks to the pcb itself?
Also as a side note, I did a little change to the GBOY shell and put the Metroid prime logo in place of the fan cut out and I must say it looks so freaking cool.

Attachments

Last edited:

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
Makes sense. I appreciate the update guys! As a side note, Im confused about something. I got my pcbs delivered from jcl but I noticed that they dont have the connector ports for the joysticks. Does anyone know where I could get them from or how I would proceed? Would I just solder the connections of the joysticks to the pcb itself?
Also as a side note, I did a little change to the GBOY shell and put the Metroid prime logo in place of the fan cut out and I must say it looks so freaking cool.
I believe these are what you are looking for:
https://4layertech.com/products/joystick-breakout-board-pack-of-2

That does look really cool, but if you're going to post off topic of the original topic of the forum post I'd recommend starting your own worklog for your g-boy.

Retro95

2023 3rd Place
Portables
Ope, and just like that the PMS-PD 2 is back outta stock..