Worklog Opposite of Portable

So I know this isn't the main focus of this site but its the only gaming forum I'm a part of and I wanted to show it off to somebody. I finally finished an arcade cabinet I built a very long time ago. I had most of the cabinet complete and some work done on the electronics.

Basically I made the largest raspberry pi case in history but I built it before raspberry pi was ever released. It was originally going to house a full crt and a Frankenstein computer but life got in the way and it sat in a corner. Seeing how terrible some of my old work was certainly made me wince.

IMG_20200527_192931430.jpg

Now I need to do some wire management and vacuum up the sawdust. I can't wait for the local glass shop to open up again so I can order the top.

If anybody wants to see anything up close let me know.

Edit:
Lets try the image upload again.
IMG_20200531_130624698.jpg

I realized I was a little short on details. I guess that's what happens when you post while tired.

So its a custom cabinet based on the midway cocktail cabinets. I like the competition of side by side controls better than opposite ends. The internals are raspberry pi 3b+, old generation IPAC2, X arcade sticks and buttons, and a connector I built using an ide connector and hard drive indicator leds. I cheated and used a LCD with DVI and recycled the crt. The price was right and was much easier to mount. Its amazing how much the technology has shrunk since I started this project.

Now I just have to figure out those pretty spoiler tags polish up my posts

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Nice work (although you may need to re-up the images). I also did a Pi full-sized arcade cabinet a few years ago. It's interesting how similar the internals are.

I however used an LCD instead of a CRT as items like the retrotink ultimate and Pi RGB didn't exist at at that point. What are you using to get 240p out of the Pi?

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
Nice arcade! I just recently finished an Arcade1Up mod with a Pandora Games 3D, it brings back so much nostalgia! Hope you enjoy your newly finished arcade :)