News from the O-Wii
after a long time of nothing
I decided to completely redo V1.2
and go to V1.3
or rather V2
because the improvements will really be better
I am currently working on some v1 (and V1.2) Issues
which are :
1 - We do not distinguish very well the two states of buttons L and R.
2 - Too much wire.
3 - Internal layout not optimized.
4 - Lots of adjustment at the holes in the CAD.
5 - Too much glued tact.
6 - Of course I have forgotten some things ...
And I think we can upgrade to a V2, here are some improvements that I would like to integrate :
IPS screen (a must have )
7" ips are really bigger, so unfortunately I don't want to make a bigger portable.
/ maybe a thin normal screen (I have found a very thin 7" screen)
2 - Custom PCBs with DS lite Pad and Joy con Joystick.
3 - Optimized layout
4 - Better L R feeling
5 - More simple to dismount and repair (less glue).
6 - Maybe possible in Kit !?
So to solve all this here is what I'm working on right now :
I have managed to integrate my new custom PCBs, I have modified my CAD and printed some tests and everything seems to go well, with that I would have a lot (a lot²) less wire, a faster assembly, and of course the true DS lite touch
The second thing I would like to share with you is the improved feel of the L and R buttons.
Instead of using a single button which at two pressure levels I am using two buttons, a squisshy then a harder one, with this method the touch looks really good, we can distinguish the two states much better !
The next step will be to review the internal layout
of each component to optimize
all of this (And of course adjustments, test print, adjustment ...).
I think I will go to post the V1 in the Cutting Edges and start another Worklog for the V2