NX super hype my body is Reggie me gathered of doom

Portables
Nintendo's marketing team aced this one... I am soo hyped.
It seems they finally made a console powerful enough to run aaa games: it's running Skyrim Remastered smoothly and their list of publishers/developpers include Bethesda, Square Enix and Ubisoft! Granted it runs at 720p when undocked but it's still a huge accomplishment.

Noah

retired
Portables
Looks really nice. Though, I hope the final design is more polished than what was shown in the video, I think this has a lot of potential. The idea of a Mario Kart, Super Mario, AND Zelda game all on launch (assuming the latter two weren't just tech demos) would basically win the market as far as Nintendo is concerned.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I had a bit of Wii U documentation on file ready for the wiki, but it looks like most of it will be useless if the games are going to be ported over to the Switch...

The console does worry me though. As a community, we are all about taking relatively powerful home consoles and transforming them into portable units. Now that nintendo's home console is a portable, we may be more in the spotlight as a threat, especially if they port over some of their old games.

Noah

retired
Portables
Wii games won't be ported. GameCube won't be ported. Since they are moving away from their current architecture (Wii U being an overclocked Wii which was an overclocked GC to begin with) I can't see most if any games being ported over. The only one that would maybe make sense is Smash since it's only been two years since the latest release came out and a new game isn't really warranted at this point.

As far as porting VC stuff goes there is no reason to be worried. The N64 is really the only console to be somewhat worried about with VC and even then Nintendo hasn't proven successful at running the entire library on a home console yet. Portable N64s will still be relevant moving forward.

Besides, even if portables were to become irrelevant there is still so much that can be done on a console modding front that this scene would never vanish. That's why when we started the site the slogan "Giving life to old consoles" was used rather than something to do with portablizing. Portalbizing has been the core of this scene for many years and many sites, yes, but it is still a subcategory of console modifications.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Easiest console to portablize ever
This one we have to deportablize and make it console only.

Stupid name but everything else I'm dtf with. Love the switchable controller parts.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Basically after the WiiU I knew Nintendo just wanted to make portables like us. This confirms my suspicion. I blame my uncle who works at Nintendo, I showed him my portables, he stole them all and gave them to Reggie.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Nintendo Switch is a Good Boy

[twitter url="[MEDIA=twitter]790592564277547008[/MEDIA]"]