Worklog FrankenDeck - PCSX2 Device

Hi
I am working on PC, in order to run emulators and old PC games. I'm posting in the PS2 section, as this is the initial focus.

Specifications LCD:
• Eyoyo em09t

Motherboard:
  • Nvidia GeForce MX350 - 2GB DDR5
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-1065g7
  • RAM: 20GB DDR4
  • Storage: Team Group GX2 512GB
  • STM32F103 as X360 controller

Lenovo Ideapad S145
i7 CPU - 8565U
• RAM: 4GB + 16GB XPG
GeForce MX 110 & Intel UHD Graphics 620
Battery: 1x Lenovo 4700mha (I am studying a means of two)

I'm looking for heat sinks with a low profile, but I believe I should customize something.
In relation to the case, I am modeling something similar to AYA, however at a very early stage, so suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

Last edited:
This guy!!! I fully endorse the emulation approach, and I find it EXTREMELY clever to use an existing small form factor device with a very powerful chip on it. Super good!!!

And yes you will very likely need to design something for the heatsink. I've been trying to find a fabricator for such a piece. Are you going to go with a passive heatsink, or are you going to add a fan?

This guy!!! I fully endorse the emulation approach, and I find it EXTREMELY clever to use an existing small form factor device with a very powerful chip on it. Super good!!!

And yes you will very likely need to design something for the heatsink. I've been trying to find a fabricator for such a piece. Are you going to go with a passive heatsink, or are you going to add a fan?
the idea is to use something close to the original lenovo s145. I have an L340 here with a GT1050 and the cooler is low and the heatsinks are very small, so I think something similar will suit here. Unfortunately my card is relatively large so I don't believe that this laptop will be less than 3cm in height.

I know there are better ssf solutions like udoo and DFI cards with Ryzen, but the price in my view is prohibitive

Dmcke5

2020 1st Place Winner
Portables
I too, like this idea. I considered repurposing an old laptop mainboard for mine but struggled with finding the information I'd need to be able to adapt a smaller screen to it (without having to use an external screen driver through HDMI). Keen to see how you end up doing it!

I too, like this idea. I considered repurposing an old laptop mainboard for mine but struggled with finding the information I'd need to be able to adapt a smaller screen to it (without having to use an external screen driver through HDMI). Keen to see how you end up doing it!
it is the principle I intend to use via hdmi by flat cable, because the screen has a solid wiring and I am afraid to remove the screen that is glued.

Dmcke5

2020 1st Place Winner
Portables
it is the principle I intend to use via hdmi by flat cable, because the screen has a solid wiring and I am afraid to remove the screen that is glued.
Ah fair enough. I just didn't want the added bulk of the HDMI driver when the laptop mainboard is perfectly capable of driving an LCD panel on its own. I look forward to seeing your progress, keep up the good work!

I ended up learning a lot about the rtd2660 chips (PCB800099 and its derivatives) that can operate lvds and TTL screens, support for ypbpr etc. If your LCD is one of those, we could see a way.

Last edited:
I assembled it, but the pieces had an unpleasant surprise. The memory slot is damaged, so I'm limited to 4gb of eam for now. Another point is the temperature that is still cool. I will pass copper plates in order to improve these cooling systems before developing the case.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello guys, change the card due to the problem with the memory. I bought a ddd4 connector from china, when I get it, I will buy another one, because 4Gb in my opinion is not enough for a Windows PC.

I took a card from the Acer A515-51g-c690 which is slightly smaller and better in both specifications and battery than Lenovo's.

- Part number: C5V01 LA-E892P
- Processor: CORE Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz
- Nvidia GeForce MX130 2GB VRAM
- Ram OnBoard 4GB
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-26 at 1.11.53 PM.jpeg

Hello guys, I managed to fix the memory slot on the Lenovo s145. So I'm going to go with Lenovo.

In the previous tests I identified several temperature bottlenecks, to be exact the clock of the mx110 was cut at 400mhz in 65c. Then I remade the heatsink using Dell Latitude 120L. I will use 2, one on the gpu and the other on the cpu. Here I saw another question, as the temperature sensor is on the CPU and apparently there is no line for the gpu fan, I will use a stm32 that i have here to manage the fans and volume controls.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello guys, I changed the card again, I was looking for something that was possible with a 7 inch screen, so I got 2x cards for the Acer a515-54g.

CPU: Intel Core i5 i5-10210U
Ram: 20gb 4 + 16
GPU: Nvidia 250mx

I worked on the design of the heatsink and it must be this one. The original device I did not find in my country and in China is very expensive

Attachments

Well following the work here, I modeled a support for the cpu and printed it on resin. the next step is to cut a 1mm copper plate that will be used on the cpu contact base
and weld on the heatpipes.

Attachments

[QUOTE = "Relâmpago, postagem: 46119, membro: 1088"]
How are you going to weld the heat pipes? would solder be enough?
[/CITAR]

Last edited: