Solved No video on Wii

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
I've been slowly modding the Wii board step by step. First I took it out of the case and installed PortablizeMii, it booted. Then I used U9 to replace U5, booted. Then I took off all the on board regulators and hooked up mine. I'm using the AP6503A regulator, which can supply up to 3A. I've checked my voltage line for continuity.

1.15V line has 40 Ohms
1.00V line had 105 Ohms
3.30V line had 1.7K Ohms
1.80V line had 38 Ohms

I'm using a 4 layer board (CPU-40)
plz halp.

I've been slowly modding the Wii board step by step. First I took it out of the case and installed PortablizeMii, it booted. Then I used U9 to replace U5, booted. Then I took off all the on board regulators and hooked up mine. I'm using the AP6503A regulator, which can supply up to 3A. I've checked my voltage line for continuity.

1.15V line has 40 Ohms
1.00V line had 105 Ohms
3.30V line had 1.7K Ohms
1.80V line had 38 Ohms

I'm using a 4 layer board (CPU-40)
plz halp.
Pictures would really help here. And by no video do you mean that you get no signal or does your screen turn black? I would wire up a reset button and see if you can boot into Priiloader.

I would recommend trimming the Wii and then hook up your regs. Have you also tried hooking up a reset button?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You're sure you got all the power regulation components? What voltages are the regs outputting?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
2 usually tells the onboard regs to turn on, but it also can go in reverse to keep the mx on, and 17/27 are two different 3.3v lines that should be connected together

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
So it works now, after trimming the board. even bridging those MX pins didn't help. I don't know how reliable this info is but i found that the video signal outputs 0.7V when video is outputting. In the cases where the Wii wouldn't boot, it outputted 0V.
nextguy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: