Question No video coming from composite

kahve

It was working and I decided to clean up my regulator wiring. Now I have no signal. All the voltages are there, there is also 1v8 and 3v3 on the ave rvl chip, but there is no signal. checked with an oscilloscope and saw nothing.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
We'll need some clear photos of your wiring to help with this

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Those grey/light blue wires are too thin, you gotta replace them with thicker ones. 24AWG is the minimum thickness for supplying the regs and running to the Wii, 22AWG to be absolutely safe.

Also, that cheapo 5v reg isn't going to hold up to any real current drain.

kahve

Thanks for the reply, I am using a 2 amp regulator from a powerbank, that thing connected to the fan is a 12 volt regulator for the fan to spin if you are talking about that one.

But my question is, this was working perfectly fine until i rewired the regulators. Would replacing the cables fix that?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for the reply, I am using a 2 amp regulator from a powerbank, that thing connected to the fan is a 12 volt regulator for the fan to spin if you are talking about that one.

But my question is, this was working perfectly fine until i rewired the regulators. Would replacing the cables fix that?
I'm unsure if it will, but it should be done anyway to prevent future issues. I'd replace the wires first, see if that helps, and if it doesn't then we can start troubleshooting.