Question No rumble after trim?

Saix

As the title implies, I've got no rumble in my cube controller after a trim on a 4 layer board. The rumble worked before the trim and the controller is getting 5 volts so I'm not really sure what's going on here. The trim works fine as well (obviously). I have a wasp fusion installed on a cube from a project I did a while ago, and I don't get any rumble on that either, so at first I thought it might be the iso file because I just took the one from the wasp and used it on the wii but then I remembered that it was working before I trimmed the wii. Any ideas?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is controller rumble enabled ingame and in the Wii system settings? One or both might be disabled.

JacksonS

Portables
Did you check that there is actually a 5V supply? There may be no voltage despite it being connected.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Is controller rumble enabled ingame and in the Wii system settings? One or both might be disabled.
There is no rumble setting in the Wii system settings.
Try checking the voltage and also try to use the GC Controller Test homebrew

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There is in Settings Editor GUI
Nvm that's for Wiimotes, I was wrong.

Saix

Did you check that there is actually a 5V supply? There may be no voltage despite it being connected.
The controller is definitely getting 5 volts at the pads the rumble is soldered to, but interestingly enough I cant use the ground pad to get the reading, I had to use another source for ground to get a 5v reading on the positive rumble solder pad. Am I oblivious or am I missing something super obvious?
I'm not familiar with the gc controller test homebrew. Is that something built into portablizemii?

Also yeah the rumble is turned on in game, but I wouldn't have put it past myself to overlook something that dumb haha

Last edited by a moderator:

JacksonS

Portables
The controller is definitely getting 5 volts at the pads the rumble is soldered to, but interestingly enough I cant use the ground pad to get the reading, I had to use another source for ground to get a 5v reading on the positive rumble solder pad. Am I oblivious or am I missing something super obvious?
You're referring to the ground supply for the whole controller? I'd think that the controller wouldn't work at all if it had a faulty ground supply, but try supplying ground from somewhere else and try a thicker ground wire as well.

Saix

You're referring to the ground supply for the whole controller? I'd think that the controller wouldn't work at all if it had a faulty ground supply, but try supplying ground from somewhere else and try a thicker ground wire as well.
Should've posted a picture earlier, my bad. I'm talking about these pads. Also, they're both giving out 5 volts.
2017-06-15-19-34-41.jpg

JacksonS

Portables
I'm talking about these pads. Also, they're both giving out 5 volts.
The negative pad only provides ground when the rumble is active. That's how it turns rumble on or off. So it sounds like your 5V supply is fine.

Saix

The negative pad only provides ground when the rumble is active. That's how it turns rumble on or off. So it sounds like your 5V supply is fine.
Okay, I had a feeling that was the case but I figured it'd be better to make sure. I tested multiple controllers as well and none of them are working so I assume it's not their fault.