Solved No audio on OMGWTF trim?

Portables
I got an OMGWTF trim commissioned from ShockSlayer, and everything works perfectly except I can't get audio out. I figured since I had run the thing on 17 volts, the preamp had gone. So, I replaced it with a known working one, and no go. I have the Left, Right and GND hooked to a 3.5mm male jack going into a speaker (which is also known working) and nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Have you tried to get audio from the the lines that get into the preamp?

Portables
That's what my next step is, but I wasn't sure if the AVE could handle the load, so I haven't done that yet. I was going to just put the AVE's audio straight into my speaker amp. Would that be safe?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Have you tried that amp and speaker combo with something else? It could also be that the speaker is too power hungry for that amp.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That's what my next step is, but I wasn't sure if the AVE could handle the load, so I haven't done that yet. I was going to just put the AVE's audio straight into my speaker amp. Would that be safe?
I never tried that on the Wii (yet), but I used to do it on the gamecubes without any issues. Also they are reported as possible aufio outputs aldo in the trimming guide, so I guess you should be fine

Portables
Have you tried that amp and speaker combo with something else? It could also be that the speaker is too power hungry for that amp.
I have tried 4 different speakers (a Pioneer stereo system, a bluetooth speaker, headphones, and the speaker+amp that i'm going to use in the laptop)

I never tried that on the Wii (yet), but I used to do it on the gamecubes without any issues. Also they are reported as possible aufio outputs aldo in the trimming guide, so I guess you should be fine
Yeah, that's why going straight from the AVE was my next step. (The trim guide that is)

I'm going to go for the AVE output now, and hope it works.

Portables
The audio QUALITY is perfect, but the volume level is a bit low. (Could it possibly be that there isn't a preamp? /s)
Obviously using the Wii pre-amp is a no-go, so any other suggestions?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
The audio QUALITY is perfect, but the volume level is a bit low. (Could it possibly be that there isn't a preamp? /s)
Obviously using the Wii pre-amp is a no-go, so any other suggestions?
Perhaps more power towards the amp, or put another amp between the speaker and encoder.