Nintendo TWiiLite(Spencer's WiiP)

I know who's getting that first place prize Awesome portable man! I wish mine could be as good as your's!

Ahhhhh thanks buddy! But once you see the internals, you will most definitely rethink that statement. Haha it's better than my first portable, but still in all honestly, its completely terrible. It looks like two raticate made a nest inside and got a little freaky up in there. Thank you though, the case did turn out really nice. :) and I'm sure yours in going to turn out great!

so shortly after I finished this baby up, my screen died slowly and painfully over the course of a week. So that was quite depressing. It was most probably running it on too low a voltage, although the manufacturer said 5v was ok. So I ordered a decent backup monitor from Amazon and @Aurelio helped me mod it to safely run on 5v. :) it was a pain and I half because I pretty much had to take the whole thing apart to replace the screen... but it's all back together now and I love it so much!

Specs:
-3d printed case!! huge thanks to @Chaos !!!

-5"composite screen

-10,050 mah portable battery pack(3 cells, roughly 3hrs battery life)

-dimensions at largest points: 200x100x32mm

-component and composite out

-audio amp with headphone jack by JacksonS

-ds lite buttons, 3d printed shoulder buttons

-built in sensor bar

-Camera accessory port

-breakout box port. 4 players. :)

Glamour shot.
IMG_2009.JPG

Paint job has held up pretty well considering it endured road trip with my 9 yr old brother. Haha I still have much to learn about painting from the master though. (@Madmorda )
IMG_2047.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

This fit correctly when it was sent to me by choas, but then I left it it the sun a bit too long and it shrunk!! At least that's all I can think of. Haha so at one point I'll print off a new back panel and replace it. :)
IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

The shoulder buttons are dual tact modded and rotate on a pivot. I really love the way they turned out. Then I have a small switch for the internal controls and one for component out. Then the main power switch, fan exhaust, breakout box port, stock wii video port, and micro usb.
IMG_2043.JPG

Here's some pics or stands I have that utilize the camera accessory port
IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

Breakout box
IMG_2051.JPG

I'll be making a demo video tomorrow morning. The lighting was just too terrible tonight!

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
so shortly after I finished this baby up, my screen died slowly and painfully over the course of a week. So that was quite depressing. It was most probably running it on too low a voltage, although the manufacturer said 5v was ok. So I ordered a decent backup monitor from Amazon and @Aurelio helped me mod it to safely run on 5v. :) it was a pain and I half because I pretty much had to take the whole thing apart to replace the screen... but it's all back together now and I love it so much!

Specs:
-3d printed case!! huge thanks to @Chaos !!!

-5"composite screen

-10,050 mah portable battery pack(3 cells, roughly 3hrs battery life)

-dimensions at largest points: 200x100x32mm

-component and composite out

-audio amp with headphone jack by JacksonS

-ds lite buttons, 3d printed shoulder buttons

-built in sensor bar

-Camera accessory port

-breakout box port. 4 players. :)

Glamour shot.
View attachment 3463

Paint job has held up pretty well considering it endured road trip with my 9 yr old brother. Haha I still have much to learn about painting from the master though. (@Madmorda )
View attachment 3462
View attachment 3460

This fit correctly when it was sent to me by choas, but then I left it it the sun a bit too long and it shrunk!! At least that's all I can think of. Haha so at one point I'll print off a new back panel and replace it. :)
View attachment 3459
View attachment 3458

The shoulder buttons are dual tact modded and rotate on a pivot. I really love the way they turned out. Then I have a small switch for the internal controls and one for component out. Then the main power switch, fan exhaust, breakout box port, stock wii video port, and micro usb.
View attachment 3457

Here's some pics or stands I have that utilize the camera accessory port
View attachment 3456

View attachment 3455

View attachment 3454

Breakout box
View attachment 3453

I'll be making a demo video tomorrow morning. The lighting was just too terrible tonight!
I really like those shoulder buttons

Amazing! This thing really is a beautiful piece of art and hard work! :)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Mm. I want to make babies with it.
Looks amazing! Seriously impressed with the tripod stand and the shoulder buttons. Plus that case work is superb.
You cheater!

Btw looks awesome, Spencer!

Wow looks amazing! I love the case design and that camera adaptor idea was ingenious!

Great Worklog too, it was easy to read through and well documented. That makes it nice for beginners like me to try to learn some new things. :)

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!
Here's a short demo video :)

And here we have a pile of rubbish. Haha I really wish I would have taken pictures before my screen problem... haha because it actually looked quite a bit better. I had to put it all back together last night because I won't have any other time this week. So it was rushed and looks terrible! But I'm glad it's done so whatever! I may go in and make it tidy later.
IMG_1980.JPG

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks guys! I appreciate it!
Here's a short demo video :)

And here we have a pile of rubbish. Haha I really wish I would have taken pictures before my screen problem... haha because it actually looked quite a bit better. I had to put it all back together last night because I won't have any other time this week. So it was rushed and looks terrible! But I'm glad it's done so whatever! I may go in and make it tidy later.
View attachment 3464
Those are some dirty noods. +1

Ewhizz

I finished painting the front panel a few days ago and let it sit until yesterday. :) I really like the way it turned out. It took tons of thin layers of fast drying primer and sanding to get it this smooth. Haha but I think it was worth it!

View attachment 3077

I didn't have time to wipe the finger smudges off, but I have pretty much all the buttons and switches mounted. I also have the ir leds and speakers in there.
View attachment 3076

I haven't mounted the tact switches for L and R yet, but the actual buttons are mounted.
View attachment 3075

View attachment 3074
Are these just tac switches for the abxy?? Thanks