Nintendo TWiiLite(Spencer's WiiP)

Is this the correct pinout for 3ds sliders? And do they run off of 3.3v? I'm having trouble getting them to work on my gc+. :\ I have them hooked up correctly (according to this pinout) and have them running on 3.3v, and I've tried configuring them with the axy trick but it didn't fix it and they are still giving me issues. Any ideas?
IMG_1964.PNG

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The pinout is right, but I don't think you need th resistors.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Just to be sure, you don't have your sliders upside down, right? I accidentally mirrored the whole diagram because I wasn't paying attention. 3.3v should work just fine, you don't need to go higher. Do you have pics of your wiring?

No the wiring is correct, I've checked about a hundred times now. :( And A picture wouldn't do much good for you guys because it's all in my portable and the wires are all under things and what not. But I've checked for continuity to make sure each wire is going to the right spot. So I know for sure the wiring is good.. I'm starting to lean towards the possibility of one of my sliders being bad. This happened to me with the c stick in my last portable. I got them from the BOM, which is for used ones I believe so I'm thinking one may be bad. Idk. Ah.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
What issues are they giving you? Do you also have a c stick wired up in the gc+? If not it will cause issues.

What issues are they giving you? Do you also have a c stick wired up in the gc+? If not it will cause issues.
I have them both wired up. When pm loads up, the curser immediately goes to one end of the screen without me pressing anything. Then the main stick doesn't do anything when I try to move it, but when I move the c stick in any direction, it will do one of 2 things: 1. Give me the little loading icon an the bottom right corner of the screen and then after a few seconds the process starts over( the curser moving to one end). 2. The loading icon just keeps going.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Has the gc+ been upgraded to the latest firmware?

It has not.. haha I haven't because the sticks aren't working. I'll try to update it with a wiimote and see if that works.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
@Aurelio can probably give you more specific advice, but it could be something is messed up with the pull down (pull up?) resistors on the board which is probably unlikely but hey it's possible. Can you connect a different control stick (not a slider) to the GC+ and verify that it is either the slider or the gc+?

@Aurelio can probably give you more specific advice, but it could be something is messed up with the pull down (pull up?) resistors on the board which is probably unlikely but hey it's possible. Can you connect a different control stick (not a slider) to the GC+ and verify that it is either the slider or the gc+?
So I hooked up two replacement sticks and still the same thing.. so maybe it is something with the gc+

Edit: I ordered new sliders and a new gc+ board. This baby WiiLL BE DONE before my 30+ hour roadtrip(in which I will not be driving). I leave July 8th and I was really hoping to play some twilight princess on my new portable!! Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Have you ever tried to configure the ranges with the configuration software or has it always given this issue?
Also check if there are shorts between the SX/SY pads and ground/3.3V
Anyway send me a pm and we’ll try to fix it.

Noah

retired
Portables
I have them both wired up. When pm loads up, the curser immediately goes to one end of the screen without me pressing anything. Then the main stick doesn't do anything when I try to move it, but when I move the c stick in any direction, it will do one of 2 things: 1. Give me the little loading icon an the bottom right corner of the screen and then after a few seconds the process starts over( the curser moving to one end). 2. The loading icon just keeps going.
Yes, this is a problem with all GC+ I test when there's no stick wired up. The controller doesn't know what to do so it starts spitting random values.

Alright I finished it!! Thanks to @Aurelio for helping me get my gc+ fixed!! Now I'll just have some extra sliders and gc+ so that's alright! I really love the way it turned out. It feels great it the hands and I could not be more happy with all the button placement and my shoulder buttons.

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1984.JPG

Im leaving tomorrow on like a 10 day vacation so I'll post those nudies and some other pics when I get back. Thanks for Everyone's help!!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Alright I finished it!! Thanks to @Aurelio for helping me get my gc+ fixed!! Now I'll just have some extra sliders and gc+ so that's alright! I really love the way it turned out. It feels great it the hands and I could not be more happy with all the button placement and my shoulder buttons.

View attachment 3207

View attachment 3205
View attachment 3206 View attachment 3204

Im leaving tomorrow on like a 10 day vacation so I'll post those nudies and some other pics when I get back. Thanks for Everyone's help!!
Looks comfy. I like the button array at the bottom.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
This looks fantastic! Can't wait to see more photos and a detailed overview. Maybe a demonstration video?