Nintendo TWiiLite(Spencer's WiiP)

So I finished up my case. It's pretty simple and far from perfect, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out considering it was my first experience with CAD. I used autodesk 123D Design which I read was pretty good for beginners. After messing with it a little and watching some youtube videos, I got the hang of most of the simple things. I would definitely recommend it for beginners like myself! I created all of my internals like batteries and the motherboard in 3d to make sure they would all fit. So theoretically I have room for everything(including room for all the wires), so we'll see. The case's dimensions at its largest points are 200x100x36mm(7.874x3.937x1.417 in.). So while its nowhere near as pocketable as @Shank 's PiiWii Pocket or @Gman 's Wiiboys, it will be mostly pocketable with a larger pocket, which makes me happy because my first portable is really thick.

Top:
The two holes towards the top are for the IR LEDs. at the bottom are screen controls, as well as volume up and down, sync, reset, and the button for the battery indicator of my battery pack. The rest of the buttons and holes are pretty self-explanatory.

View attachment 2791

The Bottom:
On the left are the slits for the 3 battery level indicator LEDs. In the middle is the hole for the camera accessory screw post. To the right is a spot for a switch, headphone jack, and two usb ports.

View attachment 2793
The top:
L, R & Z buttons. Micro usb charging port, Stock wii AV out port, 7-pin DIN port for a breakout box, fan outtake vent, and spots for switches.
View attachment 2795
Inside:
View attachment 2797
Back:
View attachment 2798
Wow, I wish I had awesome CAD skills like you! What tutorials would you recommened? For CAD

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Looks good so far. I would be a little concerned with the back piece, because of the grips. The 3d printer is going to have to make a lot of support material that will need to be cleaned up. I would print the back piece as a flat unit, and have the grips as separate pieces that can glue or screw into the other half of the case.

@Toaster912 i just searched 123d design tutorials on YouTube because that's the program I am using. But I'm sure you can find lots of other great stuff on YouTube and or google. :)

@Shank the other side of the back panel is flat, I just didn't post of picture of that side. :) the grips will be facing up. Thanks man!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That bump in the bottom of the case may also take a decent amount of support material, depending on the angle you brought it in at. You may also want to reinforce the screw holes on the front bit a tad more (eg have a slope coming into the case instead of just plastic coming straight in). Looks good though, can't wait to see it printed!

Big update!!

Got this much anticipated package today from @Chaos , and it was just great. I REALLY love how my case turned out! Big shoutout to him for all of his help!

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

I've already started the painting-sanding-repeat process and I'll post pictures of that later. It's starting to look really nice though. :D I'm hoping to have most of the painting done by Friday so I can start assembling.(my new screen is supposed to arrive Friday), yes @Stitches and @Madmorda , that POS driver board ended up getting me as well...:angry: haha. It just started freaking out so I decided I'd better just get one that would last. I ended up getting the 5" hdmi one from the BOM, so it should work great.

But as soon as the screen comes in and I finish painting, I can start putting everything together. My wii setup is all wired up and working great, so I'll be ready to rock here in a few days!!:D

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Big update!!

Got this much anticipated package today from @Chaos , and it was just great. I REALLY love how my case turned out! Big shoutout to him for all of his help!

View attachment 3021

View attachment 3022

View attachment 3023

View attachment 3024

View attachment 3025

I've already started the painting-sanding-repeat process and I'll post pictures of that later. It's starting to look really nice though. :D I'm hoping to have most of the painting done by Friday so I can start assembling.(my new screen is supposed to arrive Friday), yes @Stitches and @Madmorda , that POS driver board ended up getting me as well...:angry: haha. It just started freaking out so I decided I'd better just get one that would last. I ended up getting the 5" hdmi one from the BOM, so it should work great.

But as soon as the screen comes in and I finish painting, I can start putting everything together. My wii setup is all wired up and working great, so I'll be ready to rock here in a few days!!:D
Mine just fried itself the other day while I was trying in vain to make it work. Way Engineer might have vanished as well. The site's been inaccessible for weeks. The BOM screen is a good one though, accepts 5v readily apparently.

I finished painting the front panel a few days ago and let it sit until yesterday. :) I really like the way it turned out. It took tons of thin layers of fast drying primer and sanding to get it this smooth. Haha but I think it was worth it!

IMG_1955.JPG

I didn't have time to wipe the finger smudges off, but I have pretty much all the buttons and switches mounted. I also have the ir leds and speakers in there.
IMG_1957.JPG

I haven't mounted the tact switches for L and R yet, but the actual buttons are mounted.
IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

I finished painting the front panel a few days ago and let it sit until yesterday. :) I really like the way it turned out. It took tons of thin layers of fast drying primer and sanding to get it this smooth. Haha but I think it was worth it!

View attachment 3077

I didn't have time to wipe the finger smudges off, but I have pretty much all the buttons and switches mounted. I also have the ir leds and speakers in there.
View attachment 3076

I haven't mounted the tact switches for L and R yet, but the actual buttons are mounted.
View attachment 3075

View attachment 3074
What happen to yellow?

HOT
The IR Leds may be a tad spaced, you'll have to see if the wiimotes like being close or if they want to be far out man
I'm really hoping they're at a distance where I can use them pretty close and also a little far out for some multi player Wii games. So we will see! I'll be testing that out tomorrow probably

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
That is one sick case! Quick question though, did you buy black slider caps or did you color/paint other ones?

Looking forward to seeing this finished!

That is one sick case! Quick question though, did you buy black slider caps or did you color/paint other ones?

Looking forward to seeing this finished!
I bought them, so they will stay black :D haha they feel pretty good too. Not as good as the original ones, but still pretty good.

So I decided that I don't like the name "the sqwiid"... it's kinda dumb? I have no idea what to name my wii now. Can you you guys help me meme this out or what?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The Dark Niight? Every time I see your case it looks like something Batman would pull out of his pocket.