Question Nintendo DS Daisy Chain (Controller Mod) - Data Interference?

Hello!

This is my first project I've taken on, and honestly it has all gone well until this point and I've learnt so much!

I've gotten permission from the person who designed the PCB, Loopy from 3DSCapture, to post about it here.

It's a simple enough mod, you connect the pinouts from the DS to the chip and it exports it to a 6 pin connection. From there, you can choose whatever controller you want to talk to it. I've installed this little mod chip into two original Nintendo DS' and hooked them both up to an SNES controller.

TP_board[1].jpg

It works perfectly on its own when only one of the consoles is attached to the SNES controller, but when two are attached I get random "button" presses like A or the Right Shoulder button. I can only assume this is data interference from the mod chips interacting with each other?

I assume I'll have to hook the daisy chained mods up to a box/hub with some sort of arduino or something between them and the controller? Honestly, I just don't know enough about it to even look up what I'm supposed to research to make it work more smoothly.

Any help would be so appreciated!! ^u^

Portables