Question Newbie Question Adventure Time

PSP1000 joystick?

• Total voters
Hello everyone!

ive been lurking this forum for about a week now and got quite obsessed about a handheld Wii...
Looking at allot of build logs for inspiration and boy oh boy... didnt knew i could get a hard on from the professionalism made portables o.O

I also made a portable once, build myself a Gameboy Zero :D but from what i understand thats childsplay compaired with the portable wii.
I've also read allot of guides and somethings i understand but some i dont so here are my questions.

1. The custom voltage regulators: the ones your using are kinda expensive... :( i found other ones from china, will the work? https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/DC-DC-Adjustable-Buck-Converter-Voltage-Step-Down-Regulator-Module-3-3v-5v-12v/32724147550.html?shortkey=yyu2Y77Z&addresstype=600

2. From the wii trimming guide there is a picture that tells you this:

like can i connect the 3.3v to the red and the 1.15 to the blue? like on any spot the red and blue marks are? or does it mather on witch part of the red or blue i attach the wire?

3. i will be using the gamecube controller for my build, or a gc+ if i can get one. Will a ps3 analog stick work on a gc controller? or a psp1000 joystick? i love those sticks :D

These are the questions i have so far, i will update this topic if i have more questions!

With friendly regards Beautje ;)

Welcome! I wish you the best of luck on your first portable Wii. To answer some of your questions:

The power requirements are very particular. You'll find it more expensive to try and use those other regulators when they can't handle the load reliably and you have to replace them with the recommended TI ones. Just save yourself the trouble. Buy the right regs to begin with.

You can attach the appropriate voltage wherever it is marked. It doesn't matter as long as it's attached to one of the marked components/points.

Yes, those joysticks work fine. The GC+ is pretty damn configurable.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Also those Regulators suck, they heat up really quick, in a matter of seconds, they burn you. they also break easily
I can vouch for the Ti regulators, because are higher quality, and are very reliable. they might cost more, but I think we would all rather to spend a lil more, than have a portable fire

Mean keen fire bending machine!

Thanks for all of your reply's! I will order the expensive ones and hop on the waiting train.
Can't wait to start building it :D