New Project

Cinski

Good morning guys l'm Italian guy and I write you Google translator so forgive me if there is any mistake. I have been following you for some time and in the end I decided to start the construction of a Wii laptop with the OMGWAF cut using the original case of the Wii as "case". Obviously I would lower it a bit as I will remove the CD player. I need to know all the pieces necessary for my project because every time I turn around the site it seems that a different piece to be included appears. Thanks in advance!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Good morning guys l'm Italian guy and I write you Google translator so forgive me if there is any mistake. I have been following you for some time and in the end I decided to start the construction of a Wii laptop with the OMGWAF cut using the original case of the Wii as "case". Obviously I would lower it a bit as I will remove the CD player. I need to know all the pieces necessary for my project because every time I turn around the site it seems that a different piece to be included appears. Thanks in advance!
Hello fellow Italian. You can send me a PM (either here or on discord) if you want tips.
PS: avoid writing on the public board in Italian, so everyone can read

Cinski

Ciao Aurelio, potrei sapere se è necessario mettere resistenze collegando 2 control stick di psp al posto degli analogici in un progetto wii portatile?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Ciao Aurelio, potrei sapere se è necessario mettere resistenze collegando 2 control stick di psp al posto degli analogici in un progetto wii portatile?
Don't write on the public forums in any language different from English. Anyway you don't need any resistor, but if you don't use GC+ you won't have full range for the sticks

Cinski

[QUOTE = "Aurelio, post: 31634, member: 77"] Non scrivere sui forum pubblici in nessuna lingua diversa dall'inglese. Ad ogni modo non hai bisogno di alcuno resistore, ma se non usi GC + non è più la gamma completa per i bastoncini [/ QUOTE]
Grazie per il momento e mi scuso per aver scritto in italiano, la prossima volta lo ricorderò ;)

Cinski

Hi, I wanted to update you with the material I have and what I still need and I wanted to ask you questions

I have:
-wii with toolholder installed ready to be cut
- A Gameboy case (the first one)
-2 analog psp (since the case for Gameboy is not very big in the space for keys)
- for the keys I thought of using those of the dsi since I have some

I have to take:
- 3.5 inch display
- 18650 batteries with relative protection (which one to choose?)
- custom controllers or Powermii (I have to see the cost difference)
-speaker
- audio amp
-gc +
- red charging card
-Jack 3,5 female
- volume potentiometer

The questions:
- do I connect the audio amplifier directly to the r / l outputs of the mobo?
- where I connect the potentiometer for the volume and Jack 3.5 female in the mobo l / r sequence> amp> speakers?
- How do I connect the gc +?
-I read in post that gc + can switch the audio of the speakers in the earphones. If so how?
- every other voltage regulator connected to the motherboard must be attached after the regulators, right?

I'll probably have more questions later, thanks in advance.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
- do I connect the audio amplifier directly to the r / l outputs of the mobo?
- where I connect the potentiometer for the volume and Jack 3.5 female in the mobo l / r sequence> amp> speakers?
You'll either need to get two amps or use one that is specifically made to switch audio between headphones and speakers. If you were to use a potentiometer, that would go between the mobo and amp.

- How do I connect the gc +?
-I read in post that gc + can switch the audio of the speakers in the earphones. If so how?
Connect GC+ like any other gamecube controller. That was custom software to change the volume, if I recall correctly, it is not publicly available yet.