New GBoy Build

Hi all I'm looking to make a Gboy, I have found the case files on here and just started to print them on my 3d printer, Is there anything i need to look out for when grabbing a Wii to strip and cut up? Thanks

You should probably know that the G-Boy PCBs don't exist anymore and unless you have a kit or you plan on making your own, you should probably just build a G-Wii V2 or an Ashida using the 4Layer-Tech PCBs

You should probably know that the G-Boy PCBs don't exist anymore and unless you have a kit or you plan on making your own, you should probably just build a G-Wii V2 or an Ashida using the 4Layer-Tech PCBs
Well thats a massive downer! Is there a guide to building the G-Wii and case files to print? Thanks

Portables
1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here's a link to the files to print: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-wii-cad-files.2319/

As for a guide... well, there are worklogs, but every (almost) portable which is built does not use a guide. (Looking at worklogs and some youtube videos help) Meanwhile, though, I do like to look through the G-boy manual sometimes. Even though it is outdated, it simplifies some things (such as where to solder on the Wii motherboard for things such as Audio/Video). You can find this by clicking "Manuals" in the screen above.

And, of course, don't forget to look at the Definitive Wii Trimming Guide and other relocations and solder points too!

And there are some Louii workvideos from @GingerOfOz which is pretty up-to-date. (Not a G-Wii, but still good to watch for learning)

And, of course, please do self-studying, too...

Last edited:

Revine

Here's a link to the files to print: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-wii-cad-files.2319/

As for a guide... well, there are worklogs, but every (almost) portable which is built does not use a guide. (Looking at worklogs and some youtube videos help) Meanwhile, though, I do like to look through the G-boy manual sometimes. Even though it is outdated, it simplifies some things (such as where to solder on the Wii motherboard for things such as Audio/Video). You can find this by clicking "Manuals" in the screen above.

And, of course, don't forget to look at the Definitive Wii Trimming Guide and other relocations and solder points too!

And there are some Louii workvideos from @GingerOfOz which is pretty up-to-date. (Not a G-Wii, but still good to watch for learning)

And, of course, please do self-studying, too...
There's a video on GingerOfOz's VODS channel, named GingerOfVODs, that shows off literally everything that happens in a Wii portable. He doesn't do anything off-camera, everything is shown and explained, it's about 12 hours long, so maybe skim through it to get the gist of it so you know what you're up against.

Portables
this worklog was real helpful when I built my gwii.