Question need some helpwith portablizemii

my 4 layer wii finally arrived a few hours ago and i just got to installing portablizemii while installing I could not in stall the nowifi version because of an error installing IOS206. after following some links i managed to find this https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/portabilizemii-no-wifi-error.1607/ i was able to follow the guide at the bottom and it worked fine. after this i booted up cheese installer and accidently pressed a under the one time installation then i tried removing the wifi ioses from the cheese installer now every time i try to do this it says cannot install ios 36. also the wii was pre softmodded when i bought it but i factory reset it if this helps. so essentially will i be able to remove wifi ioses or will i have to do wifi relocation?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Follow these steps, but before you run cheese installer format the SD and USB again, and re-copy the install files you downloaded from the PM page (if you already deleted the zip, just regenerate the pack with any mac address).

Also, just FYI factory resetting a wii doesn't delete any mods, it just remove the homebrew channel from the system menu and any game/mii save data

Follow these steps, but before you run cheese installer format the SD and USB again, and re-copy the install files you downloaded from the PM page (if you already deleted the zip, just regenerate the pack with any mac address).

Also, just FYI factory resetting a wii doesn't delete any mods, it just remove the homebrew channel from the system menu and any game/mii save data
Ok had no idea factory resetting doesn't remove mods I'll follow the steps next time I have the achance to work with it

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ok had no idea factory resetting doesn't remove mods I'll follow the steps next time I have the achance to work with it
If that still doesn't work, use bootmii to make a NAND backup and upload the file to dropbox or something and send me a link in PM. I can make you a new clean image that removes all the old mods, but it is a last resort.

Thanks i found that already but i didn't format the usb and sd before running cheese installer again.also stiches if you still want a nand backup not sure why you'd want one if it works now but i can give you it. I'm probably gonna do u10 relocation tomorrow after i get some stuff for de-soldering stuff tommorow so hopefully it works out well : ).